1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati diagnostics / service tool...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by AndyW, Apr 14, 2012.

1. I posted in the Multistrada section, as an MTS1200 owner but this topic will have wider interest;-)
    Ducati diagnostics / service tool

2. Andy,

Any more feedback on this ?

Now there are a few multis out there a few years old, i would have thought this would be of intrest....

3. Sorry for the lack of updates!

A service / diagnostics tool has been in development for some time now (last update I have was end of August) and as things stand at the moment should be on the market before the end of the year. I don't know the cost right now but expect it to be around us$250 to us$300 - not a small sum to spend but it's capabilities will be extensive! ;-)

Not surprisingly development has taken some considerable time not least because of all the microcontrollers for suspension, ABS and traction control etc on the MTS1200 and Diavel and the launch of the Panigale threw a spanner in the works as the aim now apparently is for the same tool to be compatible with the MTS1200, Diaval and Panigale. The DTC, ESA and all those electronic controls are the same for both MTS1200 and Diavel but not the same on the 1199 Panigale I'm told, making the integration of the systems difficult and so setting back the release of the tool a little.

I will update as soon as I know more.

4. Given that the 2013 MTS will have a new Sachs semi-active suspension system with a whole new raft of electronic complications, will that delay the project even more, I wonder?

5. Sorry, still not firm date for the release.

6. The new diagnostic/service tool is past the bench test stage with real bike testing is in progress. Testing on DP ECUs for the MTS1200 and Diavel is also under way.
    If 1199 ECU is not too different in programing, then the tool will be able to take care of it too. Looks like a January launch once the DP ECU is worked out but only for Diavel and MTS1200 up to 2012.
    Once I have a more definitve date for the launch I will post an update.

For the newer, 2013 MTS1200 with SkyHook suspension, it will be at least a year, as per "gentleman's" agreement between factory and the manufacturer for the tool to be able to check the suspension, but, the rest of the regular functions should be the same.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Final push!....

Diagnostic tool for Mitsubishi ECU's - MTS1200, Diavel and Panigale:

Ok we're almost there but for the R&D work to be completed sooner rather than later you need to show your interest by sending an email....

Help me give Technoresearch R&D a push; we just need more people writing in directly asking about the new tool, to show R&D and management that the tool has a market, real market and that people will purchase it; Technoresearch have recorded 50 people that have joined the mailing list plus maybe another 25 from general/sales inquiry through their website apparently, regarding the Mitsubishi tool, this, from all around the world.....so we need more ;-)

If it’s only that amount of people, R&D will not push forward at the pace they should.

Their website has a contact tab, it can be used in General Inquiry or Sales Inquiry or Technical Support.

Either under the Sales > Direct tab or Support > Contact

Contact Us :: TechnoResearch Inc :wink:

#7 AndyW, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  8. Bump....to keep the momentum up. Interested?......then follow the link above and let TechnoResearch know ;-)

I guess this probably applies to the new Hyperstrada and 2013 Hypermotard?.....worth asking ;-)

9. Don't miss out....

DUCAT DIAGNOSTIC / SERVICE TOOL - launch of version for the MTS 1200 and Diavel:

Availability/launch of the new diagnostic tool from TechnoResearch will be very soon now! (I can't give a specific date yet but launch is expected to be within the next 3 to 4 weeks).
    There will be a 'special price' (discounted price) only available to those that have joined the mailing list via the link provided:
    website subscribers

NB: Those of you that have already contacted/emailed TechnoResearch to express your interest in the new diagnostic/service tool should have had a response that included the above link. PLEASE NOTE: if you didn't join the mailing list you will not qualify for the special launch price so FOLLOW THE LINK ABOVE.....NOW!

NB2: And make sure you respond to the confirmation email:
    "Almost finished...
    We need to confirm your email address.
    To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you."

Andy
    Ducati Multistrada 1200 - MTS1200.info redirect

• Like Like x 1
  10. One last bump.....can't be too long to wait now!

11. At this rate, the next Multi will be out by the time you get it Andy :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  12. LOL!......we can only hope that unlike the Ducati factory they'll do a good job (R&D and pre-launch testing!!) and get it right first time! :eek:

13. I'm told that the launch of the new diagnostic tool is imminent so LAST FEW DAYS for anyone interested to register interest and qualify for the SPECIAL OFFER 'DISCOUNT' limited offer launch price if you do decide to buy ;-)

14. I refer you to my previous post :smile:

15. :tongue: lol ...........and you to mine in response Matt - yet to be proved but from what I can see the wait will be worth it :D

.....and of course until there's enough 3yr+ aged bikes out there (i.e. out of warranty and more owners either servicing themselves or using an independent Ducati workshop) not that much demand so in that respect the timing makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information