So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Managed a nice 75 today.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Been looking at BMW r1150rts, prices are all over the shop.

3. With plenty of Birthday cards from friends and cake i hope.:p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yesterday, took the plywood floor out of the van, fitted some tie down points, marked and drilled out the holes, refitted the floor, then tested it with bikes
    20240504_120025.jpg 20240504_120215.jpg 20240504_124545.jpg 20240504_160849.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Bought an SCProject tail pipe - never done it before but well chuffed with the fact ive cut it down by 100mm and it looks really good i think...i prefer shorter pipes and the zed was mapped with a short pipe...
    20240505_172936.jpg 20240505_172359.jpg 20240505_171159.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Had a great morning at Goodwood yesterday. I got up early (for a Sunday!), so it was nice to have the roads to myself, pretty much, on the way there.

IMG_8770.jpeg IMG_8772.jpeg IMG_8774.jpeg IMG_8777.jpeg IMG_8776.jpeg IMG_8773.jpeg IMG_8779.jpeg IMG_8778.jpeg IMG_8780.jpeg IMG_8781.jpeg IMG_8782.jpeg IMG_8783.jpeg IMG_8785.jpeg IMG_8786.jpeg IMG_8787.jpeg IMG_8789.jpeg IMG_8791.jpeg IMG_8792.jpeg IMG_8794.jpeg IMG_8793.jpeg

Was on YouTube last night, and noticed some little rascal filmed me leaving. Good job I was being sensible for a change.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Went with the Mrs to
    Homebase, Wickes, B&Q , Dobbies, got ripped off for £28 for coffee& cake etc. Then back to B&Q just to make you all jealous

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Took my daughter and two of my lads to see Springsteen in Cardiff last night so been having a few naps today!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Got the news today that my oldest and best school mate finally succumbed to Cancer. It’s been coming for a long time so hopefully he’s riding his bike in a better place tonight. I drove down to Devon a couple of times recently to see him in hospital and I’m so glad I did. At least we had a laugh together.

When I told him he looked like Ghandi, he said,
    ‘Good, I’ve got some flip flops here, I’ll pop downstairs in my bed sheet and get 20 No.6 Tipped and a bottle of Southern Comfort’. Fantastic, we both pissed ourselves laughing knowing either would have killed him there and then.

The weirdest thing is I can never shoot that kind of shit with him ever again. It’s so final.

Anyway, in his true style he’s insisted on no funeral just a proper piss-up party, like we used to do in our youth. So…. that’ll be another good send off.

In his memory today, I got the Multi out, fixed the throttle and went for a really good blast. He would really appreciate that. We rode bikes together before it was even legal for us to do it.

It was…a really good blast.

Hopefully that’s the last visit to my neck of the woods by The Grim Reaper for some time.I’ve had enough of that shit.

Life's a piece of shit
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 2
  10. Sorry for your loss Sam, but seems you've made peace with it.

Monty Python was right...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help fings turn out for da best
    Aaaaand…

Fantastic lyric and well worth remembering.What else can you do?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. awww Sam he has left you with some fantastic memories :) he will be with you all the time right in your heart and mind
    If you take anything from his death is life is very short and to make every day count because it can change tomorrow
    X

• Love You Love You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Started to look at house insurance as the renewal has had a 27% hike (M&S underwritten by Aviva). Any suggestions?

14. Aviva themselves?

15. Built a frame for and planted out the runner beans.

PXL_20240507_124447006.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. It seems to have stopped raining. The Guinea pig has dragged these out from the back of the garage…
    358257BB-78B6-486D-90D4-AAC74DB9DCD7.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. after almost 3 years have finally finally finally put a probate to bed, only two more legal wrangles to go and I'll be a happy bunny.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Some guinea pig that...

19. Did some work. Went to the gym, had a swim, did some more work. I'm over the moon that it pissed down all day yesterday and has been gloriously sunny all day while I've been stuck behind a desk.:tired_face:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information