1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All, Just Bought Me A Hm

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by MusoNick, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Hi, just added a Hypermotard to my garage 08 plate 1100, love it and easier on my back, any tips for easy mods or anything would be much appreciated :)

2. None what so ever... But welcome anyway!

3. That's a relief. From the title thought you'd bought yourself a Hummer.

4. Theres loads you can do to them....pretty well everything ive done to mine has been posted on here at some point....search back through the pages, mine had cosmetics, dyno work, custom stuff etc etc...I probably put dyno work at the top of the list but you have to do other mods first to make it more effective....

5. Cheers Comfy, well ive got the termis/chip and airfilter box to fit for starters..

6. flog the race ecu - you wont need it. Not sure where you are in the country but where I took mine, he reflashed the stock ecu so it does more than the race one ever could.

7. manchester based here

8. Ah - im in Bristol....luckily im about 20 mins away from the lad that has the dyno (CJS Racing) depends if you want the drive. He charges 425 for a days work....and yes he does spend all day on it. Mines got a termi end can, drilled air box and decat. Its in an earlier post but its also had the o2 sensors disabled, the flapper valve marked offline (so can be removed) redline increase from 8.5k to 9k, all on the stock ecu, no additional powercommanders/boxes needed. Theres the output. 20140315_140908compress.jpg

So, it really depends if theres a dyno person close to you that can reflash an ecu, if not, rent a transit, chuck it in the back and get down there. Text him, arrange a Saturday and then hang around...

9. Theres a Dyno place near me i got my MV sorted at, they are pretty good too.

10. suspension, spend nothing until you have the suspension set up, even consider a stage one front fork tune at kais...incredible...makes no sense to me NOT having your suspension sorted
    then add what you like

11. Best mod: extended range fuel tank.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Had my suspension setup on my MV at Kais, they did a good job, I'm happy with suspension on this ATM as I've set it as close to what I like.

Moses where do they sell the larger fuel tank in UK?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheers Brass, what mileage you getting out of it now then?

14. I've not really tried to see how far but just filled up after 200 miles and there was a fair bit sloshing round in the bottom. People will say it adds weight in fuel - my response is don't fill it up so much but it's there if you need to (or shed a few pounds you....) :)

15. Sounds well worth the money, i may just have to invest!

16. Spoke to Chris and sent my ECU down to him for a reflash :)

17. What's he doing then.... A generic flash?

18. And forgive my ignorance but why?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information