1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recall Notice

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Gingerdog, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Had a recall notice today , apparently the rear number plate bracket is liable to crack, and connect with the rear wheel so it has to be replaced.
    It's free, obviously, but every time I go to the dealer I end up buying something! :/

2. I hear that the handle bar tassels are also prone to coming out of the bars.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Not had that one. Does it say on the notice what year of bike it refers to?

4. any one with a D.O.B pre 1960

5. Well I'm well post 1960 so that's me out!

6. Doesn't say year just gives frame number, mine is 2014, not the facelift model.
    But just because I bought it in 2014, doesn't mean that was when it was built.
    I'll check the letter again when I get home

7. And, I too was born after 1960.... Cheek !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mine is consigned to the loft. Changing it anyway, so it's just a good excuse not to re-fit it.

9. I thought that was a recall going back to 2012 ?

10. The original recall was for the bolts coming loose, it seems now that the bolts stay tight the frame can crack. Tail tidy is the way ahead, I never liked the bracket and removed mine almost immediately.

11. mine was replaced courtesy of a triumph rider failing to stop behind me at a junction

Do Not Sell My Personal Information