1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Air Flow Issue

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Loverobot, Jul 24, 2014.

1. I wear contact lenses and on track am having real problems of my eyes watering due to loads of airflow in the helmet at high speeds
    Its quite a problem tbh
    Have all vents closed and a chin skirt but still too much
    Anyone had similar and if so how did you cure it?

2. Just go really slowly along the straights. Or shut your eyes on the really fast sections.

Any more tips?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. is the visor sealed properly against the aperture?

can you identify where the air flow is coming in from?

Bit radical, but have you tried other makes of helmet, to see if its specific head/helmet shape interference issue.

4. What make of helmet?

5. Wear your glasses instead? Its the only thing that worked for my old man when he had a similar problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yep - do that alreaedy ;)

Its a genuine visor and looks like it seals ok

AGV Ti-tech

God - couldnt do that - I am v long sighted and feel drunk when I wear glasses as they magnify in a different way to lenses apparently!

I am wondering if maybe its screen related ie that the screen is pushing airflow at just the wrong angle maybe

7. What bike and what screen? I had a double bubble on my GSXR600 and suffered from exactly the opposite problem, i had no airflow through the helmet at all when tucked in on the straights.

8. How about some curved sunglasses as worn by racing cyclists ? These work a treat for me. If it is not sunny then you can get the same shape but with the night vision type lenses.

9. Get a prescription visor :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. do they do them? that would be one hell of a lens - either plastic or 'toughened' glass.....

11. Have you adjusted the side pods that hold the visor, mines the same helmet I wear contacts and have no problem.

12. Have you adjusted the side pods that hold the visor, mines the same helmet I wear contacts and have no problem.

13. I wear contact lenses and Ess ICE ballistic 'sunglasses', which come with dark, amber and clear screens.....Ok, so it's a pain to have to stop at some stage and changle the screen, but it's only a matter of unclipping the ear pieces and the nose pad....

Dark for sun, amber to improve bad light, clear for sod all light..........

14. Don't go so fast.

15. How do you adjust the side pods? Didnt realise you could
    will have a look tonight

16. I might try wearing some clear close fitting safety glases and see if that helps

If only :O
    I am quite slow - unfortunately whan I get to Rossi speed I will definately crash because I wont be able to see ! (obviously)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Shouldnt be the visor through wear as its really new but have other visors so will try those for fit as well and see - thanks for article - very useful

18. agv ti techs arnt the best get shoei/aria/ saying that ive got the new agv corsa, and it moved on loads ,really snug fit, try it,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information