1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binned My 998s....few Parts Needed

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by pauliealdridge69, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Need a few parts for my 998s...
    Been inspecting the damage from a slide down the road. Fortunately the bike slid down the road but has not hit anything to do any damage other than whip the side fairing off....its still ok to be painted, scrape the seat fairing and pillion hanger and my clutch cover is knackered.
    The main issues i have are
    brake lever to suit the goldline brembo cylinder from a 916, with reservoir and mount etc
    Complete throttle assembly and grip
    Right hand bar with end stop
    Seat hinge with a couple of the plastic pins
    3x oem indicators....front left is the only one left!
    Nose cone and screen
    battery tray and rectifier mount
    the main issue......the two indicator and fuse relay wires and the main loom ecu wires have been damaged and worn through. I though it was the ecu but on closer inspection the plugs from the loom have broken off attached to the ecu still. This looks to be a big problem....does anyone have the loom from a broken bike....does anyone know if someone could repair this one maybe...are there any other looms the same like on the later bikes running the same motor? Its got the deep sumped testastretta in her so not masses of them around.....
    Any and all help appreciated....no rush on bits as in out of action for a while and have other bikes to enjoy....panels wont be done for a while either :(

2. I feel your pain. :( I hope you get her back together in her pretty red dress soon. :upyeah:

3. the edu bit of the loom is a classic 998 problem when you drop it that side.....you used to be able to get the middle bit of the loom...or you could try Bike Sport Developments

he could possible repair it...

• Like Like x 1
  4. ill try them now....i think i may put an airbag infront of it now just incase lol. Everything on that side just disappeared...all electrics and battery too. In my dazed state i got picked up by a passer by who gave me a lift home to get the van and i sat down with her looking a bit worried...i looked at my lap and i was carrying the rectifier and sticking my middle finger up which looked a bit like a bent sausage. Felt fine for an hour and now a week later im still feeling like i got kicked around by a donkey

5. Mate,

I'm about to break my 998s next week...I will have all the bits you need.

Tom

6. I've got most bits now bar the nose cone and loom wires
    Be interested in those though!
    Let me know if you have any non standard parts like cans Airtubes etc too as I'll be in the market for a few maybe....possibly a single seat and subframe or lower/side panels too ok

7. Ok mate, I have all of those. I'll be putting up a thread with a full list and prices next week.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information