1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Castle Combe 23rd July.

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Nelson, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Very hot day...!

Few bikes from the paddock area, including MADSL creations.

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. I was there doing my ACU licence course. Got to do a few sessions including a couple of race starts which was good.

3. Would love to do Castle Coombe, pretty much just round the corner from me. Alas I'm pretty sure the pani won't get past the noise tester :(

4. Limit is 105db @ 7.5k.
    MY 848 with termis and baffs was 101.

They will happily test your bike in advance if you pop in on any track day.

5. Oh really? Sure I read it was a lot lower.

Will depend on the day in that case potentially then. Had it measured at Brands and it was 106db. Tester just slapped a pass sticker on it and said it'll pass drive by fine. Will find a day to drop by then and get it looked at! Thanks!

6. Castle Combe Track Days - Bike Information

• Like Like x 1
  7. it has been mooted that the noise tester is an 'interesting' character, who likes his job and tests with enthusiasm. One might say that, I can't comment.

8. Panigale (all models) :( That's what I thought. Arses!

9. only says 'may not' and i am sure i read something somewhere about ducati having word with some track days/organisers, that at static tests are too loud but they pass drive by testing? Don't quote me on that, just a vague recollection. At the least worth a drive to/past CC when convenient to get a test done, N'est pas?

10. Reminded me of;

[​IMG]

11. 'How'..........

and Castle Combe is , of course, well " Out of Town"......

12. You've got no chance of getting a Pan on there, they test according to the rule of jobsworth bastard. 3/4 revs on a V Twin and the decimeter is .5 away from the exhaust. They tested the ACU cse yesterday according to ACU regs and you could see the pain on the old bastards face (once he eventually found the under body exhause) having to let my RC8 on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah, maybe it was the vigour of the noise tester I read about rather than the limit itself. Anyway, had already resigned myself to being unable to get the Pani on, or at least not without having to go 'Japanese'. Will drop by anyway and have it looked at but probably too big a risk to gamble and splurge cash hoping the atmospherics are being kind that day.

@TT600 MSV tracks happily let you on even after failing the static as I found last week. Not sure who else

14. I thought twins should be tested at 5k ??

15. This is Castle Combe, we are talking about....... parallel universe....

16. Jack the Bastard had me revving mine to 7.5!

17. Mine tested at about 119DB with custom made baffles....

They make you rev the tits off it and shove the meter practically up the tailpipe!!!

I did email the council to ask how I was allowed to ride around the outside of the track but not on it. I wont bore you with the response.

• Like Like x 1
  18. My 8r with Akra and baffles blew 115 at the bikesafe day, needless to say I wasn't allowed on track. Should have took the baffles out and ragged it round the village as SimonT says.

19. Strange world isn't it....Punitive restrictions on a race track, yet on the road....:Meh:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information