1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Oil Cooler Fitting.

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Birdie, Jul 18, 2014.

1. About to fit an oil cooler to the 853 and just need to know which pipe goes where?
    right hand side of the cooler to the bottom or top connection on the engine.
    Thanks Steve

2. Short right hand one sitting on the bike goes to the bottom, long left hand fat one goes to the top. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I have a spare one if you need it.

4. Thanks steve, yes the bypass plate has been fitted and I have a spare, unfortunately after fitting everything it looks like another e-bay flop, the cooler is leaking, not taking it all of to revert back to standard so I now need another cooler.
    Steve

5. How annoying for you. Is it the cooler or the hoses leaking? Got a spare set of hoses if you are interested.

6. Hoses are all good, it's the cooler leaking.

7. Ok, no help to you then.

Just remembered, I have a shagged leaky cooler in my cupboard - maybe I should sell it on ebay :Meh: ??

8. Thanks mate, I should have posted on this thread as well as another I had running, I picked one up at the weekend. All fitted and running fine. Paid a lot more than that one though.
    Steve

9. ^^^ Totally agree, I had that a few times myself and the annoying thing is if you keep it and then try to use it down the line then you have no recompense at all. Sadly eBay has degenerated somewhat over the years. The answer is to test anything that is susceptible to damage while you still have time to complain.

10. I got a satisfactory refund on my leaky one without any hassle.
    Steve

11. Same happened to me recently with a rad.
    I bought it too long ago now, otherwise I'd be seeking a refund rather than revenge! :punch:

12. I've bought 5 oil coolers (don't ask) over the last few years from ebay and whilst 1 remains unused/untested (appears to be good though) the other 4 were fine.

Luck of the draw I suppose.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information