1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint Stripper

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Noods, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Can anyone recommend a good paint stripper please..

I've got some old bits and pieces where I need to get it back to metal but I can't use a grinder as it's too intricate.. The primer under the paint is a nightmare to remove, so your advice would be welcome..

N@@DS

2. Nitromors is the only stuff I know. Its nasty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Take it to your local powder coater and get them to powder blast it. Gentle enough not to damage the surface, aggressive enough to get it clean. Taken several bits down to mine and always cost less than a tenner. Best bit is no mess. Alternatively build your own as fully described in a post on this forum. Andy

4. See if you can find someone who does Soda Blasting, this is not as aggressive but still removes the layers of paint.

5. If anyone knows of any proper paint stripper Id be interested too.Paint stripper aint what it used to be!

6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ha... Brilliant...

8. Ah, cheers Fig, thats what Im after!

9. eastwood's paint stripper is much better than nitromors, you can get it from Frost restoration, how ever its on backorder as got a load on order

10. Nitromors has changed it's formulation and is no longer as good as it used to be (and this from Pistonheads confirms - "I think nitromors may have been reformulated recently to be less toxic, and as a result less useful" - "This is correct, to comply with some a EU regulation banning the active ingredient. I just bought some "NEW" nitromors which is useless, whereas the remnants in a 4 yr old can work a treat. Stupid EU.") tends to confirm it. Fortunately I have some of the old type left and the comparison is quite strong, it takes more time and more stripper to do the same job.

Starchem are pretty good but this would probably only be available from a motor factor as they do a long line in various related paint and preparation items or here Starchem 5 Ltr Paint Stripper Synstrip Synstryp | eBay

11. beat you to it RED

12. brake fluid used to work good

Do Not Sell My Personal Information