1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Angel Gt

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by mattmccabebrown, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Well I've now got a set of Angel GT's on my 1098s, mainly for the WDW trip. First impressions are good and I'll be writing up my thoughts once I get back from Italy

2. Will your thoughts be about the tyres or just random ones? :)

3. Maybe both...you'll just have to wait and see

4. Just done 3000 miles on the MTS around Alps. The Pirellis were superb. Grip to the edges, no moments, great wet or dry. Only got the back to break loose changing down to 1st gear on down hill hairpins on damp roads. Threw everything at them including spirited ascent of road up to Les Arcs (crap surface in many places) following mate on zzr1400:upyeah:
    Look like they could do at least the same trip again.

5. Just fitted GT's the my multi and I like them! Only done around 600 miles but compared to the skorpions which have quite a flat profile these feel a lot more agile!

6. Have written up some thoughts for the front page :)

7. I fitted them on my big fat lardy Moto Guzzi 1200 sport and have done around 1000 miles so far, all good. Really not a single negative comment at all just confidence inspiring no matter how crappy the UK road surface .No sign of significant wear yet either.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Replacement tyre (after puncture, blast it was just well scrubbed in..)
    Cant fault them apart from a bit lack of feedback. Harder I push the better they seem to be, wet or dry.

Here is the new rear after 800 ish miles. Good tyres.

20140923_175725.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. I love them. I am now on my third on the front and have done 14,000 miles total. I could have got a few more miles out of them, but had to change one of them just before a big trip with some mileage still left in it. I am on the fourth rear, but that is only because I have had two punctures and had a fair few miles left in them.

10. They are a great tyre :) Ive taken mine off the 1098 and now put them on the FireBlade for commuting duties :upyeah:

11. I prefer them to the Michelin PR series,feel lighter,more agile,grippier in the dry,and perfectly grippy enough in the wet for me,have done quick changes of direction at speed in the wet and I find better feedback and less squirm than PRs ,also better wear characteristics, I guess to some up, excellent overall performance with more interesting handling characteristics .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I've just replaced my worn PR3's with the Angel GT on my Hyperstrada, done about 1000 miles now and really impressed so far. They have a similar feel to the PR3's, and are whey better than the stock Scorpions that were originally fitted. I find they turn into corners very neutral and have more than enough wet grip for me. Not really had a warm dry day to wring the neck out of them yet and doubt i'll get one this time of year.
    With the scorpions I used to get a lot of harsh (vibe) through the handlebars from the road, these feel a lot smoother.
    Also after a 1000 miles they still look new, so I'm expecting a lot more miles out of them too.

13. I was that impressed with the Pirelli presentation of these tyres that I want some for my car :)

14. Girls :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information