1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Gp Banter

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by zx6ghost, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Following on from all the other Moto GP Threads,

There is a lot of Thread hacking, going of on other paths etc,

so i thought why not have a Moto GP Banter thread.

Come here and voice opinions on riders, races, teams etc

IE all the banter in the Cal staying with ducati thread has now gone off into about Stoner etc

So just a starting point from me

Yes Stoner was know as a moaner and many people seemed to call him that, but he was a great talent on the bike, was never really interested to talk to the media etc, but his racing did the talking,
    if any one has not read his book go buy it it will give you a good insight into his career and life, who cannot blame him for leaving the sport, he has a young family now who he needs to provide for he was one of the most Vocal after the simoncelli accident about circuit safety R.I.P Sic

Marquez - arguably the most talented rider on the Grid and always smilling

Lorenzo - has had a torrid season, but is slowly getting there now

pedrosa - great rider will his time come for a championship - i hope so

Rossi - in my eyes one of the greats if not the greatest

Cal - Has become a moaner - but is flying the british flag and will he ever win of the ducati - doubt it

Smith - good talent needs some Luck

redding - another good solid rider - next year i think he will do better

Hayden - so sad to see him struggling on the Customer honda when redding etc are beating him

Edwards - my all time favorite in the paddock

lannone - needs a factory ride - if any one is going to win on that its going to be him

well that just some thoughts for now

2. Cal is a wolly

3. Stoner was a repugnant individual. Jack Miller appears to be following in his arrogant, 'royal we' footsteps.

Actually Cal does the 'we' thing too, ostensibly to bring the his team into the blame game. I think Kropotkin mentioned it recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. What like a wolly hat?

woolly hat1.jpg

5. Or like where's wally the comic as you can never find him for looking as he has retired or came off

6. Pedantry rules, it's MotoGP. What is Moto Gp ?

7. MotoGP needs to dump the old guys and bring in the young guys. Miller I agree is a dick, but he is bloody quick and as long as he gets results on a slower bike then who am I to argue with his way of doing things.

Danny will never win a championship. He has his ride because he will quietly share the garage with Marc and take points from Jorge et al.

Cal, well where do you start. He needs a factory Yamaha. Anything else isnt good enough for him and he will say so.

Scott needs a factory Honda, but will he beat MM. Nope.

MM will dominate until he gets the fear or it kills him. He is even more remarkable than Vale. I am a huge Vale fan. Vale should retire now. Give the young a chance. Put Alex Espagaro on that bike.

8. I used to think this but then considered that 180mph off into the wall. Or two weekends ago with that crazy, neck-snapping highside.

Still, amazing to watch and moreso because of the charisma which his Aussie counterparts and his teammate struggle with. The last thing we need is a lineup of dullard F1-esque 'professionals'

Happy to see VR continue, especially in his resurgent form - the hunger is there. However, a year rather than two would probably have been more sensible. I see him morphing into a Kenny Roberts team boss type character, the roots of which he has already planted in Moto3 with the Sky team.

#8 Jefferson D'Arcy, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  9. Marc will eventually get some fear. We all do. Once he starts breaking and not bouncing. As that's when you begin to consider consequences. I dont think Danny was ever the same once he shattered his ankles. Marc has been blessed with luck but it must dry up at some point. Although he may be even more lucky and his luck just gets luckier.

I love Vale, but he is taking up a seat and I think its a young mans game now. No point racing for 2nd or 3rd in my view at his age and after his achievements.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Bikes is all about comfidence. If MM loses it for some reason, a change in set up or new parts that dont work, thats the only way I can see him being beaten while he is also on the best bike

HondaGP more like

11. I can't see him losing a race all season. Put him on the customer honda to give the others a chance and he'd still win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. No he wouldnt. In % terms I reckon he has 2 or 3 over Lorenzo, little more over rossi and pedrosa. Those bikes are at least 5% worse

13. I think he has more in hand Brad than he shows.

14. I think a full wet race in cold conditions will be his downfall for not winning a race

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. What MotoGP needs is simply more teams to compete. MM aside, the grid is dominated by just two competitive factory teams. I count Suzuki will be good on their comeback, Ducati make me cringe with their lack of ability to get the bike right (I've contributed plenty to their coffers with my consumer purchases and expect a return).

It would be better all round if there were more teams, even Formual 1 manages something better.

I'd like to see the likes of Aprilia and BMW enter, even if they remain in WSBK but costs I guess are huge so it's not going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  16. [​IMG]
    Thursday, 24 July 2014
    Nearly a week after surgery, Nicky Hayden underwent his first examination on Tuesday and received positive news - his recovery is favourable but he will have to miss the next two races in order to return 100% fit. The Drive M7 Aspar team will get Leon Camier to stand in for the 2006 World Champion.
    After undergoing surgery on his right wrist at the Oasis Center of San Diego last Wednesday, and after resting for several days, Drive M7 Aspar rider Nicky Hayden was examined on Tuesday for the first time since the operation. According to Dr. James Chao, the physician in charge of the surgery, the procedure was a success and his recovery is on track. The American rider will gradually regain movement in his wrist.
    Hayden has had his wrist immobilised and has been resting since Wednesday of last week, but this Tuesday he underwent his first review. During the examination he was injected with platelet-rich plasma to help regenerate bone structure and also received magnetic therapy to accelerate the healing of the operated area. The need for adequate recovery time requires Hayden to miss the MotoGP rounds at Indianapolis and the Czech Republic.
    A fitness plan has been devised for Hayden to keep in shape during his layoff, so that when he returns to action he will be at 100%. The DRIVE M7 Aspar team will field Superbike rider Leon Camier for the Indianapolis and Czech Republic rounds that follow the summer break, standing in for Hayden.
    Nicky Hayden: "Although undergoing surgery is not usually a positive thing -not least because you lose a lot of time- I'm happy with how the operation went last week. Sometimes it is difficult, but we know that injuries are part of our sport and we must learn to manage them. Everyone knows that my wrist has been causing me problems, especially at recent races. I underwent an operation in June, which helped me to complete the first half of the season, but the truth is I've been riding with a lot of discomfort, and have been unable to perform at my best. So, together with the team, we decided to make an important decision and undergo a larger operation to treat an injury that comes from three years ago -when I broke my scaphoid and did not heal well. According to Dr. Chao the operation was a success and I am very happy, and focusing on my recovery. My right wrist still needs to be immobilised for another week. Then I will begin rehabilitation therapy, and I'll slowly recover mobility. I want to thank the team, sponsors and fans for all the support they are giving me at this time. In the first examination, a week after surgery, I received an injection of platelet-rich plasma to help heal bones. According to the doctor my recovery is on course, which is very positive. It takes patience, but if I have made the decision to have surgery it is to get back to my best. I made the decision thinking about being healthy for the end of the season and already thinking about next year."

17. Nicky posted a video about his surgery......

we're going miss this guy

#17 Il Presidente, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Bradl - Leaves LCR to go to forward Racing

19. [​IMG]
    Wednesday, 6 August 2014
    The NGM Forward Racing team are pleased to officially announce an agreement has been reached with Stefan Bradl for the 2015 season.
    The 24 year-old German rider will therefore race in MotoGP™ for the NGM Forward Racing Team on board a Forward Yamaha machine next year.
    The 2011 Moto2™ World Champion has been riding with the LCR Honda MotoGP team in the premier class since 2012 but now looks forward to a new chapter in his racing career with the Forward Racing squad.
    Giovanni Cuzari, Team Owner of the NGM Forward Racing outfit, commented, “It’s with great pleasure that we welcome Stefan Bradl to our team. We believe that Stefan is a strong rider, that our package will suit his riding style very well and we look forward to start this new cooperation. Moreover, Germany represents an important market and it’s important to have a strong German rider in our line up.”

20. If I hear another presenter refer to Marquez as 'The magnificent Marc Marquez' one more time I'll be sick

It's just a fucking brown nose session constantly, honestly they go on like he's the only bloke on the track

He's nice enough but I actually find him boring, there's just an air of golden pr boy about him.

Please God don't let him win every race, can you imagine the arse kissing?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information