1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Real Foggy Replica?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by thespionkop, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Saw one at a show today but for some reason I thought they had ohlins front forks, this didn't? Did they or didn't they? Had a little plaque on the top yolk
    Thought I'd ask.....

2. nope showa front, slightly different frame for bigger air box and different wheels, oh and a few stickers ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. All that money and no gold forks? Bah

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Don't start the Rep thing off again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not sure if my memory is going but I recall they had a titanium exhaust system? if so no gold but still precious metal...

6. How much were they going for at the time, does anyone know?

7. List for the "ordinary" SPS was around £18,000, mine came in as a grey import in late 98 for under 15, and I bought it in 2005 for less than half of that with just under 10,000 miles on the clock.
    I think the Foggy was over 20, maybe 22.
    I saw one of the magazine journo's at the petrol station in Bourne on what he said was the second one in the country, (Foggy had got his the day before), I was filling up my bog standard 916 Biposto on my way back from having it serviced at Baines, and was drooling all over the Foggy when he came out of the shop.

8. If only Ducati still made bikes that good looking. !-)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The "ordinary" SPS was sold for £23,500 ish according to the sales receipt for mine in 97

10. The retail price for a Foggy in 98 was £21,500, I know because I bought one...£1000 from every one sold went directly to Foggy as a bonus on top of his wages for the year!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I may be wrong on this but didn't the original 916 cost about £20,000 in 1994 when it first came out, in which case the Foggy replica doesn't seem that bad in value terms by comparison. I think standard 916 prices started to drop after it became more widely available post 1994. So my next question is how much did the first bikes cost?

12. Real replica, what a great oxymoron.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yes,the first 916 in '94 where expensive and cost 17850€ here in Belgium.
    That where the first 1450 bikes,the mono seat strada's.
    The biposto bikes where a lot cheaper then.

Henk!!!

14. Original 916's were less than £12k in 94, I wish to point that was still a lot of money for a bike. I paid about £12k for a 94M with a few hundred miles on the clock in 95*
    The extra £1k on the Foggy rep went towards Foggy's racing rather than directly to him I think. Hoss Elm (owner of Moto Cinelli) needed to raise extra cash for the race team & Ducati Italy needed to homolagate a frame with extra space around the air box for WSBK (200 units) & hence the Fogarty replica which all came to the UK.
    Believe or not, they didn't sell & were still hanging around the following year. Lovett Sporting a short lived Ducati dealer in Swindon (where the Porsche dealer is now) put together quite a deal for me, but I wanted the special edition SPS that the rest of Europe got the following year & I was told that they would bring them in once the Foggy's had gone as long as there were some left (they didn't)

*Nearly twenty years later & I can't bring myself round to spending £15k on Panigale S!

15. The first 916 Stradas cost £12000 as I bought one of the few located to the UK from On yer Bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Read his book. It says they made them to pay his wages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. That's what I was told by my supplying dealer.

18. If i recall correctly it was because he was doing so well he wanted more money so they did the replica.

19. A couple of hundred grand would do nicely I suppose...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information