1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wdw 2014, So What Did You Think?

Discussion in 'WDW 2014' started by nuttynick, Jul 22, 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  1. I've googled sdw & can't find any info !

2. Have a look 2inches above!
    :upyeah:

3. and you will find his navel

4. Must of been added while I was typing !
    It's a weekend in Scotland, I'm offshore this weekend, Glasgow will be busy with games. The roads down from Oban to Inveraray in argyll are excellent

5. Must have been.... Whoooosh, and it was there!! Lightning Steve they call me ( I'm not quick, and my name is not Steve.)

6. [​IMG]

7. The way I see it the stuff at the circuit really is only a small part of WDW. If you know what to expect - Italian organisation, so-so catering, poor views of the 'events' - then you won't be disappointed. Apart from the chance to get out on track, IMHO the best things about WDW are away from the circuit. The evening atmosphere in the bars and hotels is great, there are some fantastic restaurants and some great riding to be had inland. Seems to me that riding down is not the way to do it though - better to fly down and make do without a bike (this is what we did in 2010) or get someone to take it down in a van for you (that's what we did this year) and treat the whole thing as a holiday with a bit of Ducati interest thrown in. I'd rather save my riding for things like SDW or the upcoming Germany jaunt.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Different horses and all that, but the journey there and back was a big part for me. Ducati didn't lay on the bars and outside meets, so what did we get for our €45 ticket? A €3 t shirt?..

#30 nuttynick, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. At least SDW is free*. And you get fuck all too :upyeah:

*except for the cost of fuel, hotels, and food on the road etc :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. A £3 string vest and a knife up the arse

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Am I missing something here? Workd Ducati Week and Scottish Ducati Week are both 3 days, the clues in the title, your being seen off.........

• Like Like x 1
  12. Didn't someone get a batch of free t shirts Nick ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Well I like to talk to pretty Italian girls, what can I say!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. My tuppence worth. Much the same as Nick n Matt. Won't be doing it again. Best part for me was the trip down, beach n hotel pool n trip back. 2500 miles n €2000 spent.

Worst bit was going in on day 2 to listen to the Troy Bayliss interview which was cancelled in typical Italian style....no reason given as to why.

However, been wanting to do it for a few years so it's done n one off the bucket list.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tough one....id like to go and I think as JimVee said id look forward to the ride down the most....but not sure if id enjoy it there...although having said that id probably get it in the neck from the wife....I can get away with a TT visit once a year - not much more than that....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information