1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 350 Single Bevel Cafe Project

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by J0n3s, Apr 9, 2014.

1. ... from Hilter, I presume?

2. Nah, from a right looker called Angela.

3. I'll now spoil my own joke by explaining it:
    Sachse is based at a town in Germany named Hilter (sic).

4. Ja, mein herr.

(Sorry I'm late).

5. i bought a nice race ignition system for my xt500 flattracker from power dynamo also in germany,nice quality stuff.

6. Elektronik Sachse MHP GmbH & Co. KG - Kloster-Oeseder-Weg 37 - 49176 Hilter / Germany
    Phone: +49 5409 9069826
    [email protected]

7. I'm new to this forum and just spotted this thread.
    That bike has some lovely parts and I'm sure will make a fabulous special. I did a cosmetic restoration on a 250 MK3 last year - just tried to keep it standard. I found some very helpful suppliers DSC_0331_1.JPG

I kept the original 6 volt system and points - it works fine. I did get an excellent new wiring loom from Barry Jones at Classic Ducati Classic Ducati Motorcycle Sales and Sort After Used Parts for Vintage Ducati Motorcycles . Barry really is the best source of spares for singles and of course Nigel Lacey is the expert on engines.
    If you are putting on a Bevel Gazer then I guess you are not planning to have a mechanical rev counter? I also have a Sachse ignition system on the 900GTS I've just restored. It works really well and I'm pretty sure your can run an electronic rev counter from the igntion box. Sachse has just started business again with new owners after Volker Sachse was sadly killed in a motorcyle accident last year. I was lucky to get a Sachse system at the time as Mdina Italia had one remaining in stock.
    I wish you well with the restoration and look forward to following your progress. Please update with more photos.
    Best regards,
    Derek

• Like Like x 5
  8. More i look the more i like :upyeah:

9. Beaut of a bike @Glawster, mine's to far gone to get back to standard, but I'm loving yours. Mine was a Scrambler (not an R/T) once and most didn't come clocks or rev counter. The Sasche leccy ignition does come with a feed for driving an electronic rev counter, which is what I'll use.

10. I like standard where possible, but with a Bevel you have a blank canvas to do something sporty - particularly with the forks, wheels and front brake you have. Not sure how smoothly it will run with that big carb though! Please post when you are doing the re-furb. Mine was pretty easy as it was scruffy, but had been well maintained. After I'd finished it I got a bit cocky and bought a 900GTS which was a right pig - botched from end to end. However, I got plenty of help and good advice and it scrubbed up pretty well. Mind you - it was a money pit. Parts for twins are harder to find than singles and much more expensive.

August 2013
    DSC_0017.JPG
    March 2014
    DSC_0283.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  11. Very smart,
    Not seen headlight brackets like that before.

• Like Like x 1
  12. i seen a yellow one yesterday giving it some on the dunoon rd. dont know if it was a 250 or 350.

13. @Glawster Nice brace of twins there. I wanted a twin the prices are £10k+ for anything and parts are like chickens teeth. Twin prices seem to have doubled in as many years. I blame the Sports Classic craze :Android:

14. The house if filling up with all the bits, it's going to be time to start work on her soon, if only I didn't have a full time job. The age certification also arrived, it's pre-road TAX :).

Now if the importer can sort out the NOVA form that'll be nice. He's made excuses there's a back log at the DVLA, then I've posted it, now it's got the wrong frame number on the form.

16. I've just started a rebuild on a 1974 mk3 , got to say yours looks alot better even from the start !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Would you post some pic.

Project wise it's been fairly quiet, due to work and tracking the Pani. I've been assembling a selection of parts new and old. Just acquired another fuel tank, that 4 now. A seat unit should be on the way soon as well.

It took months to get the NOVA paperwork through from the importer and the ageing doc. I have both now, so it's a case of getting it MOTd on the frame number and fettling over winter.

18. Heres some pics, like I said yours looks in much better shape even before the rebuild !!!

20140728_200502.jpg

20140724_215921.jpg

20140918_200501.jpg

19. That image is sexier than any Panigale or Desmo I've ever seen. Proper bike:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information