1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Any One Got A Black Swing Arm For Sale?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Exige, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Yes, was still waiting for the one above - but ready for one as soon as available :)

2. wouldn't want to tread on anyones toes.

3. take it, no concern to me, it will always sell and there is a risk that I might change my mind so go for it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I got one spare and might be able to do a deal, PM me.

5. I love the look of this swing arm but what are the actual benifits to it? Stiffer? Better handling? But why?

6. I put a black swing arm on my 999 just for the looks and the fact 1 became available .
    I believe it was introduced at the request of the W S B team .
    Any way as one of the sages commented to me you would need to be Carlos Checa to notice the actual difference .
    Interestingly the full termi system on my bike was rubbing on the grey arm but has a few mm clearance on the black one .

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm just doing the same thing. Just need to finish putting the exhaust on to see if I need to do any fabrications. Did you have to modify the rear brake hose?

8. No the hose on mine was fine, just used the old clips in the already existing hioles in the black swing arm .

9. I had to re route mine as it was too long. It was also underneath the swinging arm and stopping it pivot correctly.

10. The WSB Swing Arm was different - these simply replicated the general design. They were first available on the 2003 999R Fila as an optional extra I believe.
    When you say full Termi - do you mean the fill 70mm system with equal length exhausts? Or the half Termi System?

11. Equal length pipes I think , the bikes at the bike doctor at the moment as we parted company avoiding a rabbit .

12. I'm pretty sure I know now. The one with the angle to clear the rear shock had to go on the vertical cylinder. That's the larger header.

13. I'm pretty sure I'm sure I don't know what you mean :Happy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ill try that again in English!

The two headers (54mm full system) are different lengths and have different angles. I couldn't work out which one went to which cylinder. I now know, for sure! The smaller straighter one is on the horizontal cylinder and the longer one with a bigger angle goes to the vertical cylinder. This angle is to clear the rear shock.

15. Try again?

He thinks he has the same length as in the serpent system - this is what I have (70mm) and I'm still unsure if it will fit as I've read different opinions. The small pipe on the asymmetric system goes to the rear vertical cylinder and the long one to the front.

16. I've got this system

image.jpg

17. That looks like a 70mm serpent system with equal length tubes like mine. :Happy:

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's a 54 mm mine. I've measured it with my verniers. Thanks for the info, I've finally worked out what system I have! Looks doubtful that its going to fit my black swing arm though. Guess ill be going down to JAC - Wayne Jackson in Nottingham to get him to fabricate my link pipe.

19. No need for that, just send the pipes, etc to me. It'll go nicely on my 999S! :D

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information