1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Insurance - Equity Red Star- San Marino Cover?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by MrsC_772, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Firstly, I know I deserve a kicking for not having thought of this earlier, especially when I thought I was all organised for my trip.

I'm insured with Equity Red Star through Ducati Insurance.

Getting my paperwork together before heading off this afternoon for my WDW trip, I notice that in the Equity Red Star policy booklet, while it refers to being covered in the EU, Switzerland (including Liechtenstein), Norway, Andorra, Iceland, Croatia and Serbia, there is no reference to San Marino.

I tried phoning Ducati Insurance this morning to check if I could be covered in San Marino (seeing as the WDW organised ride outs head there, and I rather fancied doing one), but there are no underwriters available until Monday.

Has anyone else insured with Equity Red Star through Ducati Insurance asked the question about San Marino cover? What were you told?

I'm hoping that Ducati Insurance can phone me back on Monday having spoken to an underwriter - don't really want to spend a fortune phoning them back and being stuck on hold, but I don't want to be uninsured in San Marino.

2. They normally list it - France (including Monaco), Italy (including San Marino and Vatican City) etc on the policy document

3. That's my problem - they haven't specifically listed it (unlike for example Liechtenstein) in the policy document

4. Yes you will be covered, just had confirmation from the Underwriter (thanks Chris), as follows ...

"I can confirm that we do cover San Marino as this is a Principality of Italy and therefore covered under the same European treaties, etc."

Enjoy your trip!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Many thanks, Ducati Insurance, for replying to my post - much appreciated!

6. I'm with Equity Red Star through Bike Team (which is Equity Red Star) as no other company or broker has been able to get near to the premium they charge me........

.....but, I am a bit peeved that each year I insure with them, the cost doesn't go down even though I gain another years NCB......

........and then I think, maybe £93 Full Comp isn't that bad and it's the add-ons that pushes it to £131.

7. I was with same as you last year Arquebus, Hastings direct beat them by about £40 this year, a few weeks back.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information