1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Bike Needed-pillion Friendly But Nothing Boring!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Balmy, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Just a warning, and not based on personal experience, but a friend of mine, who worked at a Laverda delaer when they came out, described the motor as a grenade with the pin pulled! Not so much a metter of if, but when it went bang!

2. Two up on one of those. A little more weight is just what it needs to stress the motor enough. I hope i'm wrong but good luck.

3. depends if the pillion is just a necessary commuting need or the mrs and indeed a direct link to your future sex life ;)
    if the latter then no choice but to go for duc= st4 etc or else bmw tourers etc,anything in between(sports) will just make the riders fun nonexistant with twoup and the pillion a cramped uncomfortable experience..

bike model i cant help with as i hate pillions ,if they want to ride they get their own bike.

4. Sounds like you need my Aprilia after all!

5. I've had a Laverda before - a 650 Kevlar ltd edition. Yeah the motors are fragile but it's for only doing the odd ride and short trip with a pillion.
    Plus prices are rising on these Formulas......

6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I had a similar dilemma but without the exclusive clause and went for a ZZR 1400,very smooth,very fast when you need it and a milemuncher with fugly presence.

8. A few photos. Should be with me next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  9. It's nice looking and it's different.

Good luck.

10. That looks blummin' lovely :)

11. noooooooooo I want it !!!!!!!!
    Always wanted one of these.
    Unfortunately the ones I looked at both had oil leaks and the horror stories put me off.
    Looks a lovely bike. I'm not jealous ......much.

12. thats really nice, JR45 on here has one, id have one if i didnt have too many bikes already, pretty things , heres a pic of his at last years tamar bridge , rally on the bridge in plymouth rich c.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Blimey. You're not going to spoil that with a passenger are you?

14. My number plate starts J77 --- and I've not figured out why someone would want that prefix

Must be dyslexia or summat

15. On the way back from Southampton ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. Has it broken down already?! ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Passed it's MOT this morning.
    Now to get it registered.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  18. Always nice to see a brace of big twins!

#38 Borgo Panigale, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. All I can see is a pair of Tits, any pictures of the bike. after all it is a bike Forum? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Go for a Busa. My mate, Mick-the-Motorbike, has an early unrestricted one from new and takes his Missus all over the Continent on it. She falls asleep at 150 mph (no, not passed out !) and he gets over 50 to the gallon on the motorways, too. While not in the same ball-park as a Ducati or other sports bike, these are brilliant at what they do and very comfortable over huge mileages. Leave the standard pipes on though.... they are structural to the rear sub-frame, even though they weigh a bit.... at least the engine is big enough for it not to matter in the greater scheme of things

Do Not Sell My Personal Information