1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi ! From Sunny Essex (sometimes)...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by MultiDuc, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Hello, just took ownership of my first Ducati , a MultiuStrada DS 2004..............needs some bits doing but generally sound, need to MOT it next week and I`ll be out and about on it..!! First things i`d like to sort out is.......
    The side stand bracket is pulling out of the casing it bolts to....is this common and whats the fix for it..??
    And the clutch is proper noisy until the lever is pulled , worn thrust bearing perhaps.. easy fix.??

Cheers for all info..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Afternoon Dodgy Geezer Dave :)

3. Afternoon Essex :)
    Think it's supposed to sound like that but don't quote me
    Someone more knowledgable will be along shortly
    Welcome to the mad house

4. Cheers Guys..............yeah, it`s going to be a learning curve for sure.............the clutch is noticebly(?) chattery.........defo think the thrust bearing.........bike says 21k on the dash but engine looks like 121K.!! paint flaking/corrosion/rust..............oh my gawd what have i done..........o_O

5. hello & welcome

6. It's probably the bearing on the clutch pressure plate. A couple of quid for a new one and easy to knock out / replace.

I'm in Chelmsford so if you want a hand with anything you're more than welcome to pop over.

7. Cheers fella, may well do that......can I get the bearing other than from stealers..?

8. ebay sells tons of them!

You need a "6201 2RS" and I have some spares at home if you get stuck.

The "6201" is the specific size: 12mm internal, 32mm external and 10mm wide.
    The "2RS" means it has "2x" Rubber Seals ("RS") and keeps the crap out of both sides!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information