1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crap...what To Do With My U.s. Spec Helmets???

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by JIMMYRAY31B, Jul 7, 2014.

1. macha shaw. a bit stronger. again forgive the spelling. (that should keep you busy for a bit.);)

2. slàinte mhath!................

.........that's the best I can offer.....

3. Mach a seo....

Skimler

4. no bad, :smile:

5. I'll drink to that !

Tomintoul tonite, I think.

6. your health. cheers.

7. :upyeah:

8. Most are EU stamped now anyway so dont even have the ACU sticker

Its a helmet, its in tact, its full face, it has a visor. Done

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. And you can pass race day with an EU thingy, as most Arai these days dont seem to have stamps, nor do your local helmet city type place

10. I like your logic in this :upyeah:

11. You'll be okay Jimmy. As Brad says Ive never heard of anyone ever being prosecuted for no gold sticker. Ive worn some daft things myself too.

12. It is not a road riding law or requirement to have a gold ACU sticker on a crash helmet ---- It's sole purpose is for racing.

13. Got one, breaks down nice and small for easy storage.

14. The snells are actually far more " tested" and exceeds the uk levels and from my research are legal in Europe. I bought my lid from japan....

15. As has been made clear already, it's not the ACU sticker which is relevant when riding on UK roads. However, it's worth bearing in mind that if plans go ahead, as no doubt they will, to increase hugely the maximum fines for motoring offences, the maximum for not wearing a helmet will go up from £500 to £2000 ! I guess that the maximum would not routinely be handed out, but who knows? It's not like speeding - either you have a helmet on or not - although whether a "non-compliant" helmet falls into a different sentencing category I don't know.

I've never heard of anyone having their helmet closely checked by Plod, but it would worry me more that it's the type of thing an insurance company might try to use to wriggle out of a claim.

16. You're right that the insurance companies would be interested. That's because they're sharks, every one of the fuckers:mad:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information