1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone 18th August

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Matt DWrecker, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Good day with Nelson, bar a few hiccups! First full day in inters too which was a bit of an eye opener but at the same time nice to have long periods where there weren't any groups of riders all queued up!

Just wondering, the vid is from the last session, old pit straight coming into copse. At the time it kinda put me off my rythym a bit, forgot about it after a few corners then looked back at it this morning. Just trying to work out if that guy just totally over cooked that or if I had anything to do with it. Not close by any stretch, but seemed a lot closer at the time!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just looked like he totally over cooked it. Target fixation maybe

3. It's hard to tell, objectively. You're on the racing line, but not going anything like as quick as you could through copse. The other bike is carrying enough corner speed to exit properly and would clearly make it through but then he stands up on the brakes instead of committing to the corner. My guess is he was taking the inside line hoping to arrive at the entry point before you and finding you were there took an evasive action so you didn't T-bone each other at the apex. Can't see any other reason he would've stood up like that but like you said, there was plenty of room anyway and he would've exited the corner before you'd even arrived at the apex.
    Next time, take a glance over your shoulder and if you can see someone hard on your rear end, relax and let them come inside you!

#3 JoeC, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  4. Ignore that ^^^^ NEVER take a glance over your shoulder. Let them behind worry about them behind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I must admit, I assumed that was a Viz-style joke! Phnaar, phnaar :)

+1 for what Bradders said. I finally took the plunge and removed my 999's mirrors last time out and it made a huge difference, much less distraction from the rear - really helped me concentrate on my entry.

Ooer missus.

6. His fault completely.

7. Ha ha, it was a Viz-style joke. Inspired by my once hearing an F1 commentator say "There's no way Lewis is going to let Jenson come inside him!" I should think not. It's always the responsibility of the approaching rider to see that the way ahead is clear, same in all speed style sports.

8. Thanks guys, figured I hadn't done anything wrong. Just seemed a bit random and didn't know if I'd unwittingly done something to cause it. Not sure I really needed to know the reasons for Lewis' exit from McClaren though.....at least not those ones :p

As for the speed thing, working on that!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information