1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can You Buy A Cafe Racer

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by thespionkop, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Love some of the stuff out there, radical spain closed down but some of their stuff was great

Where can you get similar in UK?

Cheers

2. I'll build you one for Radical Money as I'm sure a lot on here will. There's might be a bit better than mine though ;)

3. As in the other people on here, not Radical
    :upyeah:

4. Deus. Not in the UK though.

5. I built this earlier this year from a new Bonnie. Was great fun to build. Half the fun is building it yourself

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. disco volunte (or something similar) has a good website with top gear and a stand at the Stafford classic bike show

7. Build one yourself with help from people who know what they are doing, its great fun

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Steve Hillary builds cafe racers - don't know the name of his company or website.

9. Thanks, with regards building myself....I know how to out fuel in the tank and that's my mechanical limits reached....some tracking bikes on the sites already suggested, cheers

• Like Like x 4
  10. The whole essence of Cafe Racers has drifted away from the original concept. To me the best ones are those that are built by the owner, a reflection of one's abiities to par down a stock bike to make a racer for the street.
    Yes there are some nice bikes produced by commercial concerns but i'd never call them cafe racers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Not arguing your point, your right about being owner built but sadly I neither have the skill sets nor the time soo could really only buy one from a builder. Not sure that means it is not a cafe racer though??

12. The original 60s cafe racers were usually at best, a stock bike fitted with a long-ish ally tank, a race type seat with a hump (whether for two up or one up......sounds, like a camel really); upswept zorsts, either megaphone or reverse cone megas; and clip-ons, with a bar end mirror......rear sets were rare and usually homemade. Oh yeah, and ally mudguards. That stage of cafe racer isn't beyond most people that can use a spanner.

No hacking about of the frames, but engine plates were made up so that engines became interchangeable, hence Tribsa, Triton, Norvin.........nearly anything else became a Bitsa.

Wish I had a photo of my BSA 650 Super Rocket cafe job..........come to that, I wish I still had the bike.

#20 Ghost Rider, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
Do Not Sell My Personal Information