1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198 Corse

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ozz, Aug 20, 2014.

1. A friend of mine is looking to go back from the 1199 that he has to either a 1098R or possibly an 1198S....

I have been doing some searching and found a few for him. One that cropped up was allegedly an 1198 Corse at Ducati Croydon (In Moto):

http://www.ktmcentre.co.uk/ktm-Locator.aspx?attributes=Make|Model&values=DUCATI|1198&savestate=no

Looking at it something didnt seem quite right as there were standard 1198s and Ss going for more money.

Looking at the Ducati site tonight I noticed that the Corse on there has different wheels and says 1198S on the fairing

Ducati

I think I am right?

Anyone compared a 1098R against an 1198S by the way? I am telling my friend I think the 1198 would be a better buy and probably more useable on the road but probably still mental.....

2. The condition does not look to hot too me either, look for another one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thats what I thought.

Ducati Croydon are an official dealer (or at least listed on the Ducati website as a dealer) so you would have thought they would know the difference and not advertise it as a 'Limited edition Corse' model. Misleading for anyone who doesnt do their research or spot something is not right......

4. They also state it is a 'Naked' :Wideyed:

5. So they do, hadnt spotted that. Close then!

6. It's not genuine, the real deal has ohlins suspension, the swooping star style wheels and I think a red frame.

7. Forgot to mention, you have to go for the "R" every time if your in a position to choose :upyeah: Exclusive exotica! It's going 180 MPH .......even in this picture.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I think he probably will go for the R if he can. Depends on what he can find (only 2 for sale within 200 miles of here) and what he can get for the 1199.....

9. Hasn't Snell's still got one?

10. Yes. I think he said it was a customers bike though so probably part ex out of the window....

11. I'm sure there's a deal to be had there, they will take a cut no doubt, but got to be worth a phone call, what's to loose?

12. I think he is leaving it at the moment until he has been to Le Mans 24 hour bike race in september.....

Knowing him after that things will happen quickly!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information