1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiet...isn't It!

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Dave821SP, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Excellent choice, Sir

2. Last day of the overseas work (Myanmar) hope the weather holds out for the weekend, missing the bike

3. Helicopters you say! They are pretty serious down there then, well spotted though

4. Yeah they use them a lot to catch gangs of bikers in north wales but first time I've been followed by them. Couldn't believe the amount of time and money they wasted. They were easy enough to spot (don't know how long they followed us though)! They even flew along side us then around the front and when a couple of us stopped for the other boys to catch up they hovered behind some trees until we set off again.

5. out for a blast today, started with about 3100 miles on the clock, thought my rear tyre (SC) would last the day.... see pics...

Had a bit of a tussle with an 848 on some pretty fast sweepers, I let him pass and tried to stay with him, but he seemed to know the road pretty well and that thing is quick on the straights, had fun trying to keep up anyway... We both had a sobering moment passing a parked police car, braking from 100+ to 60, lalalaa...nothing to see here officer....

Anyway...take a look at the pictures... first one is just after the tussle..3200 miles on the tyre.... second one is about 100 miles later. Tyre was down to the wear marks, but didn't expect it to fall apart so quickly. I thought it was going off a bit, felt kinda bouncy at the rear and could feel it stepping out a bit accelerating off the bend (like..a very tiny bit of slide...i'm not that brave/skilled) .stopped at some road works, thought i'd better have a look... shit...shiny stuff poking out... still 60 miles from home.

Good news though...you can drive for at least 60 miles with the carcass showing..50 mph all the way... and guess what...there are things to look at, when out and about on the bike...trees, sky, mountains...don't normally see any of that....no wonder the cruiser chaps look so chilled....

all I need to do now is find out what size the rear nut is and take the wheel off, don't fancy driving it any further...

keeping up with 848 (Medium).jpg

keeping up with the 848......

100 miles later (Medium).jpg

100 miles later....

6. There's still loads of rubber at the side ;)

7. :( i'm not very brave, too many stone walls round here... could save this one for a trackday though :)

8. How much do you want for it??

9. No wear beads in the middle then? Or was there a few weeks ago :Wideyed:

10. FREE... when do you want to collect :smile:

11. down to the wear bars 3 rides ago...averaging about 400 miles a week..SCs are great but next tyre might be something more economical

12. give me a couple of hours and i'll be there. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just ordered T30 rear tyre, £160 inc fitting, VAT etc, i'll be taking the just the wheel to the shop...

14. Getting excited now chaps:)
    Bike be here 1st thing in the morning.... WooHoo :upyeah:

15. nice one Mr Markey... happy hooning :smile: post pics...

16. Got my new BT30s fitted..was a bit nervous about taking the wheel off and (maybe more importantly) putting it back on properly..but no sweat, was probably overthinking it, a big bar and a torque wrench helps a lot.

Man those things are slippy when new, got nearly 400 miles on it now, dry and wet,, and so far so good... feels.. hmm.. different. The bike doesn't seemed to want to fall into the bends like the SC, it holds a nice line and likes a bit of counter steer to change lines.

The garage had inflated the tyre to 44 psi..bit high i thought, so backed it off to 36 psi, which is the middle of the pressure range in the owners manual.

In the bends, plenty of grip, pretty confidence inspiring, went for a proper hoon (race mode :Woot: ) up Hartside to try and get the edges off it and even though the tyre was pretty well scrubbed in before i went up the hill, accelerating off the bends the TC light was flashing, if i was really ham fisted with the throttle, I could feel it beginning to step out before the TC kicked in, nothing too alarming.

I stopped at the top of the hill and whilst the tyre was warm enough, no where near the same heat as the SC after the same run and the TC seems to be protecting the last 1/4 inch of the tyre, the tyre was a bit rippled on the shoulders but the last 1/4 inch was still smoothish... felt like I was leaning it as much as with the SC and the same throttle handfuls, maybe these BT30 just don't have as much grip as the SCs, causing the TC to do its thing... to be expected I suppose.

If i'm feeling brave, I suppose i could try again with the TC off.... :Nailbiting: Play with the pressures maybe.. ?

Friday tomorrow, one last run before going away for work again, will go back up Hartside/Alston, see if I can find my phone, left my Kreiga zip pouch open..o_O so if you're passing that way and find a Nexus 5 on the road... !

17. Markey, how's the SP then?

18. Mental and bloody tall :Woot: for my little legs…haha

Bags of fun though, cranked up 300 miles yesterday…woohoo :D

Sound is amazing from the full termi and seems to want to lift in every gear…jeepers :Smuggrin:

Got to try to lower it somehow though so may try the lower seat to start with…

here she is----

IMG_1260.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Very Nice, know what you mean on height but getting used to one leg stopping, may also get the lower touring seat which may also be more comfortable?

20. iF IT HAD AN 1198 IN IT, I'D BUY ONE TOMORROW.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information