1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres??

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by gremlyng, Apr 14, 2014.

1. They ought to know, but what are they saying exactly ???

2. That fitting track tyres to a sports bike ridden on the road will be more a hindrance than a help, and that the performance offered by modern sports-touring tyres will allow most riders to get more out of the bike and the road its ridden on.
    I spoke to Louigi-moto last week about booking a suspension set up for my SF. I told them I was about to fit M7 RR's. They gave them tentative approval but suggested Z8's would have more than met the case. If the mileage I get from the M7's is poor I shall try Z8's next for comparison. I do like the quicker turn in of the M7's though because the SF is a bit of a slow steerer and these tyres make it fell a little more eager.

3. SF a slow steerer? When I tried one it felt like a scooter.
    Don't go anywhere near a 999 then.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slower than the Speed Triple, certainly. Not barge-like obviously but not quite as eager to dive in. Haven't had the suspension set up yet though. Setting the sag and adjusting the bike's posture made a big difference to the steering on the Triumph.

5. I have just ordered a set of Maxxis Diamonds for my SF, at a cost of £160 for the pair. Lost the back end this morning again (cold tyres, wet, too much gas) so off with the Pirelli Super Corsa's, never again (they came on it). I'm a commuter and have found them to be utterly shit in the wet.

I have a Diamond on the rear of my 749 and loved the way it felt, gripped and lasted too.

6. Good value, but opinions differ - my mate warned me against them when I was going to try them - hated them on his 954 blade, said they were unstable at full lean.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information