1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted - Ducati Performance Clutch Pressure Plate

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Carbon749, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Hi,

I'm looking for a red DP clutch pressure plate to suit the 749r standard slipper clutch.

According to the dealers, Ducati have discontinued these. The only plates available are the radial style, but, these have teeth and do not suit a slipper clutch.

Ideally I'd like a new one, but, if someone had a very good condition second hand one, that would be ok.

Can anyone help?

2. Have you tried ringing round a few dealers like JHP - they may still have one tucked away. I got some discontinued Magnesium Cam Covers a couple of months ago from a dealer.

3. Yep, tried JHP and Riders. Will try a few more.

Was a little frustrating when I spoke to one dealer, and had to explain why a standard style plate with teeth would not be suitable for a slipper clutch. Also had to convince the same dealer that the 2004 749r did have a slipper clutch as standard, and that I did know what I was talking about :Wacky:

4. Just shows how safe people are relying on some of the dealers :Woot:

5. I do believe one can machine out the theeths on a std item if one is really, really stuck...:upyeah:

6. I have found a DP plate for a standard clutch, the full plate style, not the radial spider type.

I could have the teeth machined off, but, am concerned at marking the anodising during the machining :confused:

7. If it's the one on Ebay I'll buy it now - £10 finders fee and you can have it ;)

8. This red pressure plate came with an after market slipper clutch I bought but I intend to use this 2003 MY 999RS pressure plate instead. If it is what you are looking for please feel free to make me an offer that I cannot refuse :). Andy

20140629_202947 1.jpg

20140629_202954 1.jpg

20140308_142045.jpg

9. Andy, is that designed to work with the standard hub, or for the aftermarket hub? Are the parts interchangeable?

I know I'm being a tart, but, would be nice to have "Ducati Performance" around the edge :rolleyes:

But, yours may be a plan if I can't find the right DP version.

10. Get it engraved and filled with white paint :Happy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. It fits my stock 748R slipper. The aftermarket basket looks identical to the Ducati lightweight baskets so I don't see why it shouldn't. Another alternative is to buy the OE 748R grey pressure plate which is the same as the 749R and either anodise it or powder coat it. If you are near Reading you are welcome to drop by and have a look. Andy

12. Andy, ok, thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind. I'll see what crops up over the next few days before making a decision.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information