1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will They Won't They

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Char, Jul 11, 2014.

1. They're bound to streetfighter the Panigale. Why not? It's mainly a question of throwing bits of it away as far as they are concerned.

2. Slightly off topic but I've just realised @Char s avatar is a hamster!

Lol!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Exactly, which is why I think the Diavel lump would be a better power plant for a super naked than the Panigale engine. It was specifically set up to be a grunt-drenched bruiser not a track engine, which makes it perfect for the job. Stick it in a slim, agile, wheelie-tastic chassis, throw away all extraneous bodywork and the pussy-tronics and Bob's your uncle.

Having ridden the S1000R, in my opinion it lacks the exhilarating gruntiness needed in a naked. Its better in that respect than the S1000RR it came from and its outright faster than a Streetfighter but the SF engine, IMO, is way more fun. the Diavel would be a scream.

Incidentally, I know its going off-topic a bit, but following on from the earlier link on naked Pani concepts, feast your eyes on this bloke's work. He's got a fantastic 50's cafe look. He's a genius. I love those XJR based bikes. I'd (almost) buy another four again if I could have one of those. There's almost nothing here I wouldn't want to have. He should design bikes for Guzzi because they'd just go ahead and build it: Holographic Hammer | Facebook

4. I really can't see the point in a naked panigale unless they seriously retune it to put the power where it's usable, in which case they may as well use the testastretta engine, which is already done.

5. A sf based on the 899 could be great if they can chance the power delivery to match the 11 degree engines. The 899 pani did nothing for me as even my 848 sf has much more mid range and is therefore much more fun as a naked bike. It is just my opinion, but the 899 felt flat unless you were riding it hard. Which is great on the odd day but my sf is great all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'd buy a large capacity Ducati super naked in a shot and I dont care if its the 1199 or Diavel lump.

Ducati has a gap in their range and the buyers of the likes of Tuono, S1000R, Super Duke R are not going to buy the M1200 as its too soft.

7. Though I'd better pop it in here to ;)

[​IMG]

8. Relieved to find thread is about motorbikes and not the S. Vote : )

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's a little more like it. A subtle plastic to cover the top of the front cylinder joining the line from the upper radiator to belly pan then all they have to do is build it and I'll throw all money at them.

10. Who? Me? :)

11. That could be absolutely anything. I thought it was a Yam.
    That's the problem these days. All bikes look as if they have come out of the same mould (well, not all, but you know what I mean). There is nothing Ducati-ish about that one.

When you look at WSBK, you can't tell one bike from another. That's why they wanted them to have fake headlights, but it still doesn't work. You look at one and say, "Is that the BM? Or the Kawasaki?" It turns out that it's the Honda.
    The Pani does look a bit different - I'll grant you. But a naked that just takes all the difference away to produce a generic naked bike - what's the point?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think it looks like a Ducati albeit the next gen, I can see the SF in it - maybe you have to own one, bit like cars, buy something you think is a bit special then every third car is one - majority of the rest you see looks generic and you need your electric door opener so you can find your car in tescos

It IMO is sweeter than anything else out there atm

13. doesn't look enough like a gherkin for me

• Like Like x 1
  14. Or a crane :pink:

• Like Like x 1
  15. This was just some random dudes design and not from Ducati though right.

I can see the SF lines here, the rake from tale to nose. Its one of the better bullshit renders I've seen.

The article gives some chat about the next SF being unveiled in November. That's the bit I'm interested in though I struggle to believe that its true. Sadly.

16. I agree with Glid. It does look like just another Jap naked. More so because the trademark trellis frame is absent and to mask the bitty looking monocoque design they seem to have adopted my least favourite Japanese attribute of adding extraneous pieces of plastic fakery to cover everything up.
    Ducati's style genius has traditionally been to combine style and function by making art out of hard engineering. I don't think they've worked out how to do that yet with the Pani.
    Why can't they just put the engine in a trellis frame? Its a naked not a race bike.

17. ... But we're all aware that this is just some randoms interpretation. Perhaps he likes Yamaha's.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information