1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Caliper Paint.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Jul 20, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks great. I'd be interested to know if it stays on.

Keep us posted.

3. I think there ought to be a new section created: "Gallery- Post your calliper images here".

4. Thanks...Yes, so will I....i'll be keeping a close eye on it.

5. Job's a good un!

6. Well I gotta be honest yellowducmanic I'm on my way now to wh smiths to look for that red pen. I think thats an awesome job you've done there. 10/10. :upyeah:

7. Looking at it close up, think a roller might give you a better finish without fat edges. Passes the 3ft test though....

8. Yes I must admit if you greatly enlarge the pic it doesn't look quite as accomplished,i might go over it again tomorrow and try and mask it and get some spray lacquer over it. ...I never used to be such a perfectionist,i think these beautiful pieces of machinery bring the best out in us...:D

9. Try a hard rubber roller or a foam 4in roller, should pick up the relief of the logo...

10. Certainly looks good without zooming in too close - although the temerity to take on such an outrageous and here-to unknown mod is ridiculous!!;). Looks fine sir!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. P1000605.JPG

I pained my 'Brembo' on my old callipers with Humbrol enamel paint, never came off, worked a treat.

IMG_0624.JPG

I did upgrade the front end though and used Monoblocs and got all 'anal' with stainless bolts and lockwire.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Thought I give this a go. I used a Renault stone chip pen. Think it will pass the 1 metre test.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

13. You spelt it wrong! :Wideyed:

14. Uh...???....am I missing something :confused:

#35 yellowducmaniac, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
Do Not Sell My Personal Information