1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebike Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Lucazade, Sep 20, 2014.

1. So been with them 2y now and each time renewal was lower and lower and this year again lower.
    All good there.

Question is did anyone here try to make a claim with them, was it up hill or down hill process?

Asking as have 4y NCB so can shop around again.

2. That's odd. I've been with ebike for years, and evan too. When the bike came up for renewal it was about 40% more expensive. I shopped around and others were cheaper, but had problems with the number of mods to my monster so stayed with ebike. When the paperwork came through it looked like they had had a change of owners and they looked like they were really just acting as brokers. When my van insurance came up a couple of months later they told me that they were no longer the cheapest and recommended that I switch to Asda! They said they would insure me but that they were acting purely as brokers for some other company.

3. Frankly I am surprised as well that it did not go up but as it is my 2nd renewal with them shopping around is a good idea.

My problem is mods and multibike.

I will try Bennets, Carol Nash, Admiral, H&R any other ideas for multi bike where they take mods on board?

4. I had no trouble with mods and multibike with ebikes. Also, I changed bikes a couple of times and altered my policy, and they never charged a red cent. Very refreshing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yep, I had to claim through them and they were absolutely useless. You pay your money and you take your chances as they say. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now even if they were/are the cheapest around.

6. So that is one against I got more no for Carole Nash and Bennets :). For me main problem is not price as it is quite cheap in comparison to even 4y ago (900 then 366 now) but with mods on m900 I am limited as to where I go to.

If I get pissed off I will register it in Poland FFS. No one cares about mods there yet.

7. You can't register and insure it in Poland and use it here if you live here - twas on telle the other night.

8. The only place I could a quote for my monster besides ebike was Ducati Insurance. The problem was that they needed 6 days to clear it with their underwriter. By the time they had responded, I had already renewed with ebike. They were slightly cheaper than ebike too. I'll be using DI next year

9. DI kicked me out now 3y ago that is how I went with ebike. Due to mods they just did not want to insure me anymore.

Exige that is not strictly correct. Free movement of goods, services and people in EU therefore you can do that. Otherwise all the people that live here and have cars in France or Spain as holiday cars would be doomed.

It is more down the line vehicle on foreign plate has to be registered and insured in UK if it spends continues 6 months here.....

There is plenty of Russian, French, Belgium and Lithuanian cars around my area. Doubt any will ever go back, doubt half of them could go back .....

10. That's what I thought, but it said on TV that if a Polish person drives a car over here from Poland and he lives here it has to be registered straight away - no 6 months grace. It was on a Cop documentary I think.

11. That's registration, not insurance.

12. A bit of Police Bullshit maybe? I have address in Poland and a m600 there. So if I were to ride it down for holiday I am braking the law. That is the bit where law in UK is not clear. I can insure where I want freedom of services. Road tax might be the only debatable thing.

13. Also a lot of Polish workers live here but have homes, cars and family in Poland as well. Car is registered to person living here as rule of thumb male would have it registered to them. Polish insurance allows you to drive any car on 3rd party that owner of it allows you to, full comp if car is named on insurance. Wife drives car down here on holiday and it is instantly illegal?

14. Hi Lucazade,

Sorry to hear we parted company a few years ago; but things have changed a bit since then. If you want to give us a call or send me your details I'll see what we can do.

As a general rule of thumb, as long as the mods aren't performance enhancing there shouldn't be a problem. Even if they are I can always refer them into an underwriter.

Cheers

15. Well just got insured with DI. It was as trouble free as when I first took out the insurance few years back.

It seems things have changed and I also got a better quote.

Thx for that.

16. Promo stunt maybe ;)

17. No idea, speak to them but it was as flawless as it was when I first took it. That I like.

18. It was merely a cheeky quip :smile:

19. That's what DLT said!:eek:

20. Who is DLT?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information