1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Picked Up My 1199 R Today!!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Tim9, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ah, I see - that was the getting you home shot!

2. No! thats just it the bike broke down again today the day after it was returned. Leaking rear shock.

3. And who said the new bikes had no "character" :D

4. get your cash back ,, 27k there having a laugh arnt they

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tim, I know the name but can't picture the face. The men of your peer group and younger are all seniors now so I got thrashed by a lot of them but didn't spend much time being friendly with any of them.

I lost a lot of faith in the ethos after a while and have since transfered elsewhere in the Brigade.

6. That's a shame, although i do know what you mean. I was starting to get a little grown up for it too. Got sent to RMAS for my last posting though and had a really good time there. You still an Engineer though or did you transfer elswhere?

7. OOoh goodness that's a cool bike. Nice one mate

8. I have a different cap badge now, same colour beret though.

9. When it's not broken down ;)

10. Yeah, when it works. As with all Ducatis :)

11. Sorry to hear, I've had mine 2014 R for 3 month 3000 miles no real problems, yes I have had to bleed the clutch a couple times, lost a couple fasteners on carbon heat shield & 1 on alloy cover plate for the Termignoni can but that's it, been riden hard from day 1 it's an incredible bike, the best signal purchase sportsbike I've ever owned. I wish you luck on a quick repair.

12. All fixed now its nicley run in and the stalling has stopped since its run in. Shame about the weather though.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Was our for a ride today and went past On yer bike at Aylesbury as I pulled in my clutch packed in again! Im now on my 3rd Clutch slave cylinder. Quality gear.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Id be giving the thing back and asking for another one. Isnt it 3 attempts at the same fault and its deemed unfit?

15. Fit an Oberon one

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Get them to!

17. yep your obviously in a dodgy batch , mines had 1 replaced but fine now, yeh oberon £100 shouldn't have to tho , unless they gave you cash back or voucher etc, but at least bike be back on the road,

18. I would be going off my trolley if I bought an R and had all of that trouble, or anything else for that matter. Have they offered compensation at all ?

19. If it's any consolation my R did the same...when hot. Fitted Oberon, lighter clutch action and problem solved. 15 minute job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. My Oberon one failed on way to Sachsenring!! German dealership refused to believe it could be the Oberon part as "they very gud, ja" - limped back to home put back on the OEM and its all working fine! So i have an Oberon slave for sale - should you want one! :Happy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information