1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Calipers

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Loverobot, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Are they a straight swap using exisitng rotors and forks? Am still having shuddering on braking so would like to change calipers however dont want to change rotors as they are new...

2. Error- content deleted

3. Sorry-stupidly read this as 748-please ignore!

4. More detail required...
    What model?
    What Forks?
    What Calipers installed at moment?
    What rotors (discs)?

5. Try cleaning your existing calipers first. Sticky pistons due to crud build-up also give the same symptoms.

6. Sorry
    On a 2004 ST3
    Standard other than now running EBC rotors of same size as standard. EBC HH sintered pads
    Calipers have had a total overhaul
    Am wanting to try four pots hence the 749 query as I understand they are the same bolt to bolt size wise but not 100% about that and also not sure if they would need a different offset

7. 749 axial 4 pots should work fine. I have them on my 916SPS. Bendix MF pads.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Not a "teaching you to suck eggs" comment - but are you sure the steering head bearings are 100% ?

9. Replaced steering head bearings about a month ago - have done 2000 miles since so will check again but not expecting them to be duff tbh

10. Are you using EBC HH pads BTW?

I found them very grabby.

I changed from EBC HH to Carbone Lorraine and found a big improvement in both initial bite and feel. Also, after doing the head bearings on mine, after about 500 miles, I had to re-torque the head bearings again.

11. Compression too hard?

12. I have fitted 4 pad calipers to my ST4S that came from a 996R. The calipers should be the same dimensions as yours and the forks will be the same as mine so it will work. The difference over stock is significant.
    Agree about the headstock and caliper checks first .

13. Maybe not duff... but correctly adjusted ? Wheel bearings definitely 100% ?
    Just a good engineering motto - always do the cheapest things first...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information