1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Quick Action Throttle 1098

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by rdryder, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Any recommendations for a QAT?
    Thinking of getting one, purely for track use..

2. I did the R1 throttle tube on my 848 evo and it was a total waste of time and money !

It maybe reduced the turn by 5 mm or something but for the track you want much less travel. Mine is at Snells currently and having the Accosatto (sp) fitted. A mate of mine has the Active one (fitted at Moto Rapido) and the difference between that and my R1 tube is night and day.

3. Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean sp?

4. just that I don't know how to spell accosatto properly ! Putting (sp) means forgive me if its not spelt right

5. I have the accosatto one - it's excellent. It's currently set at about 1/4 turn from zero to hero.

6. Did it come with different cams?

7. lol, ok I get ya,thanks

8. Its not hyper sensitive .is it?

9. No, just right. You want to be able to hit the throttle stop without having to reposition the hand mid-throttle... a problem I had with the standard twister.

10. Perfect,thanks

11. Remember to take all of your old assembly/cables when on a foreign trackday

12. wouldn't say it's a total waste, may not be enough for tr
    Did you have to change the throttle cables?

13. It comes with new cables that replace the old ones.

14. R6 is better (needs to be the right year) but you need to get nasty on the housing with a Dremel.

15. @final_edition This is probably a stupid question but why ? I'm thinking you mean if you crash and damage it you can swap back ?

16. Yes you can swap back, if it means getting back out on the track.
    Similar to taking the original clip ons or rearsets, if you have changed them for aftermarket ones.
    Someone else may have original spares, that you can borrow, for the throttle but not Accosatto ones

17. ^^^ all packed ready to go.

• Like Like x 1
  18. If anyone wants an R1 tube with grip I have a spare.
    £12 delivered.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information