1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

003r.sw Error

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Jonnymac, Sep 26, 2014.

1. I'm trying to fix my girlfriend Monster 696.
    It comes up on the dash wit the error 003R.SW with lots of flashing lights. Does anybody know what this means?
    Also I only have the owners manual, which is quite frankly, shit. Does anybody have a link (or a pdf to email) to a manual? There doesn't appear to be a Haynes manual available.
    Just getting to the battery seems to be a nightmare!
    Thanks in advance,
    John

2. I saw that, but it never resolved the issue by the looks of it

3. I posed the question to some of the old Ducatidiag contacts I have. From what I have read it appears to be voltage related and may be due to failure of the Stator/regulator rectifier/battery.

4. Seen it a couple of times and is usually battery related. Once, at least, was down to loose battery terminals...

5. Got a reply back from 'Riderlogic' re this. Definitely a Voltage issue. In addition to checking battery, reg/rec and battery leads, have a look at the earth lead connection to the engine. There is a star washer under the earth lead and this has been known to cause poor earth connection.

6. Cheers guys. All I need to do now is get to the chuffin battery lol

7. Under the tank.
    Remove plastic covers.
    Undo tank bolt at back
    Undo stud bolts near front at each side above frame rails
    Slide tank back off studs a bit.
    It is possible to move tank to the side without disconnecting fuel pipes and balance it on the frame/air box.
    Fiddle with battery at will.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information