1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Upgraded Master Cylinders

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by SteveO916, Sep 30, 2014.

1. has anyone put a radial front brake m/c from a later duke(or from another make) on to improve feel etc.

also is there any advantage to changing the clutch m/c to radial?

2. Brakes: Yes - Brembo RCS + P4 Calipers. Beautiful feel and power
    Clutch: Not done it. Standard is 916 one fine for me. Better than my 749 and M1100 in fact.

3. I have a Brembo RCS on my 748. More feel and more power. Takes a bit of fiddling to get the reservoir to fit though.

4. I'd be trying a unit from an 848/1098/KTM/Aprillia.
    You may have to do some homework to compare the ratios to the other suggestions.

5. have a brembo 19x20 master on my 996 plus brembo P4 calipers , so much better than original kit

brembo 007.jpg

6. didnt even notice its braking performance steve, was more concentrating keeping the front wheel on the tarmac, will have to have another go ; )

7. There's a job for you in the Diplomatic Corp...;)

8. Having read about your 851/916 Steve R I'm sure you'll have good results with the 955. What are you building it with? There's always been a fasination for me with the 955.
    FWIW, I've got 90ft/lbs at 7500 and over 150bhp just below 10K on my SPS in tractor set-up so I think you'll make your figures too. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I put 848 levers and MC on my 748... (same spares then fit both bikes)
    848 system was loads better than standard 748 unit...

Bob

10. Same as my 2 bitsa's. Same(Ish) unit can also be found on some Aprilliaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas....:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information