1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Shropshire

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Vtwin, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Hi All,
    Just joined due to a re-found enjoyment for Ducati's after a 11 year gap. Previously owned 900ss Darmah, Monza 175 Junior, 900ss (1994) and a 748. I visited the factory and museum in November 1999 (Foggy days), and fondly remember the massive picture of Foggy on the outside wall of the main factory building.
    Looking to make my next Ducati purchase asap.

Vtwin

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome - what you searching for?

3. Hello and welcome to the mad house
    Yes what you looking for :)

4. Either another 900ss (Carb) preferably white framed, or a 916/996, but will have a look at what comes on the market really.
    Will keep an eye on the for sale page on here!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. hello and welcome. some good bikes come up for sale on here.

6. Morning Dave :)

7. Welcome.

Got a friend in shropshire with a 900ss who keeps threatening to sell - are you looking at concours, something to ride or a do'er upper?

8. Hi Waggytee,
    Will look at all really, but a rider or a do'er upper allows you to get it how you want, with the satisfaction / frustration /tantrums etc. If your friend decides to sell please contact me.
    Dave.

9. It's this one, late 6 speed 900ss -

[​IMG]

MOT'd I think ! on SORN It's due a service and belts, done no mileage since the last belt change but they have been on a few years. Needs a new battery.

See my posts here

Frame Cracks - Preventative Bracing / Patching | Page 2 | Ducati Forum

There you go an excellent condition / ride-able / do'er-upper LOL

If it's of interest I am in Wem.

10. Thanks for the reply, looks nice, frame cracks are worrying though. Never noticed anything on mine but it was only 4 years old at the time. How much are you after?
    In Shrewsbury.

11. £1700 - There is a standard rear hugger - the one fitted is a Ducati Carbon Item - a pair of Carbon Termis in bits that need rebuilding/repacking and a spare pair of low mileage Pirelli tyres - Bridgestones fitted are still good.

Bolt on frame brace is available for peanuts to keep the frame in check. This was was on my shopping list along with a case saver. If I only had bike(s) I would have stripped it and tigged in a brace but I have a few other projects on the go and just don't and won't get time to ride it.

Owned by anyone else I have no doubt that it would be up on eBay for a grand more without the extra's and no mention of the frame.

Andrew

12. Andrew give me a call please 07855558913

13. Welcome to the forum :)

14. Now a 900ss owner again, thanks Darkspeed (top bloke) and Waggytee for the heads up. A few jobs to do over the winter on it, will update on jobs etc as I do them but will make a very nice example indeed when completed.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hello and welcome :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information