1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel On Track Vids

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by bradders, Oct 17, 2014.

1. so as I look around at possibility of changing my bike, I have been watching vids and it really deosnt have ground clearance, does it? I'll try ine anyway but seems all thos talk of nimble and can be leant a long way over is hype...or is it? Convince me owners, please...

2. When I rode it hard I found the pegs first corner! Saying that the bike turns nice and easy to tip in tight, I soon found the rear shocks limits and front end can be VERY lively pushed out of turns! I did like the way it rides and the long wheel base helps keep the front planted with imo its low gearing, grunt thats what it seems to be about, I think I could own one im just still not sure about the looks. As you or someone said re the rear pegs if you get a lick on they fold up, Val has been on the back of hundreds of bikes with me and rated it the worst of them all! Best being a lightweight race bike (BVG's road legal blade..lol) and a loan RC8R that I just loved, anyway thats another story...haha

Oh and my mate has a full system on his and SH#T its LOUD!!!!

3. I've done my days of wearing sliders then toes out of a boot in one trackday...reckon this may well be a miss for me. Not into big straight line speed but fast corners

4. I rode one up a very twisty Italian pass this summer and I kept up with a Panigale and he was one of the instructors!
    The confidence that the traction control and ABS gives you is amazing (plus it wasn't my bike!) and I really, really wanted to hate it but couldn't.
    Have you ridden one yet? You should take one for a test ride for a couple of hours and go play in the twisties.

5. yep thats the plan but the main reason for change is pillion use...just that it has to be able to be ridden properly alone without heeping J&S in profit!

6. Although I love mine and it will do trackdays at my speed And lean till your pegs or toes are worn. I would say not for you as there is much better for riding two up.

7. You won't beat the Multi for 2 up Paul, and you never know what may be along in 2015 ;)

8. a 1/2 scale multi for midgets???????

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Current Multi has a 850mm (33.5in) seat height as standard, and -25mm (to 825mm / 32.5in) with the lowered seat.
    The Diavel has a 770mm (30.3in) seat height so there's quite a difference.

Apparently the new Multistrada (DVT) has an 805mm / 31.5in seat heigh as standard so may get down to 30in with a lowered seat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Disgraceful. Now it will be too low for normal humans.

• Like Like x 2
  11. i tried some new skis on a skiing holiday and kept up with the instructor.....he was an ex Austrian olympic team member...I must be a skiing God based on your principle!

12. Get an S1000R and stop yer whingeing, bradders...

13. Yeah missus will love that fig ;)

14. Yeah but the masseuse doesn't count

15. BMW R1200R. Sorted.

16. Wash your mouth out!! I need POWER!!!!!!!!!! Oh and a chassis that doesn't bend in the middle when accelerating lol

17. I thought straight lines were out. R's got plenty bottom end and they handle fine, your missus will be happy too.

18. Had a gs1200 same motor?

19. Same motor, totally different bike. To start with, it ain't a Chelsea tractor...

20. Was he in the Olympics doing gymnastics?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information