1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Genuine Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Duck944, Oct 21, 2014.

1. While down at the Ace cafe on Sunday I took a couple of pictures of some nice Dukes.
    Do I have to obliterate their registration numbers to post them up?

2. No

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I cant see why.......................

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I would always do so out of courtesy. Interested to see what others say.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Why? you can see the numbers when out and about at the Ace

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I don't really know why, it just feels intrusive to me. It would be like taking photos of people, writing their names above their images and then publishing them.

Oh wait - that's FaceBook. Uh.

I have no interest in getting people to share my opinion, it's just how I personally feel.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I have no problem in showing off my plate and I 100% agree, but there are some folks who are very touchy; I've asked them why and the reasons given are that they can be scammed or cloned on the internet?
    I wouldn't want to upset anyone on here incase it case was their bike, and they were of the sensitive variety.

Anyhow just in case I've cut out half the plates.

#7 Duck944, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. They can ask Santa for some tinfoil hats this xmas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. The reason you do sometimes hide is so people cannot use the number plate on a similar bike, in effect clone, up to you though

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Yes that's the reason they gave; however what's to stop anyone going through a car / bike park, event ,or even getting a plate from to copy from someone just riding down the road etc ?
    As above it's all a bit tinfoil hat for me.

11. Indeed.

Still, people with tinfoil hats have feelings that are every bit as real as those of other loonies, so why upset them?

:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. You are Right Duck, most who want to clone their vehicle generally look for one being sold, same car ,same color etc. it is unlikely someone will see your photo and have a bike etc, identical, though may know someone, still unlikely though

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Here is the biker full face tinfoil helmet, for the loonie brigade.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Might have to trawl ebay for one of those!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Random Ducati Picture Thread :Hilarious:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information