1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corbin seat on an ST ?

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Desmoboy, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hi Guys

I have been trying to get a seat modified for my ST . There are plenty of people that can replace the foam and re shape it but no one seems to be able to specify a firmer seat , well not with any degree of science to it anyway.

Has anyone got first hand ( or backside!) experience of the Corbin seat particularly from a pillions point of view. If so are they any good.

I already have the later ST3 type seat fitted.

Thanks

keith

2. I've got a Corbin on my SSie, the Gunfighter I think its called, the pillion is smaller than standard. It looks really well but no more comfortable(very hard) than the original also twice as heavy. Check out Sargent also from the US, similar style. A mate of mine had a seat for his ST4S done by SIPS at Brands Hatch and wasn't impressed even after returning it for further modificastion.

3. I have a sarget on my ST2....I like it better then the corbin, it's lighter and feel better on me little backside. It's really about what you like. I've sat on the back too, and it's way better then the stock. You don't end up sitting in the main section with the driver as often, under hard breaking.

4. I managed to obtain a (second-hand but immaculate) DP Comfort seat for my ST4 and it's absolutely great! Seat is softer & comfier and about 12mm lower when in use (which suits me), and my frequent pillion greatly prefers it. On long trips, numb-bum syndrome has virtually disappeared.

5. Hi Keith.
    I have a Corbin seat that I don't need. It's a bit used and shabby, but you're welcome to borrow it for testing if you want. It's firm to the point of being hard, which is why I don't want to keep it. It hasn't got the latch pin at the back, but you could use the one from your existing seat as a temporary measure.
    It looks like we're local to one another, so let me know if you're interested.
    Colin

6. Hi Colin
    and thanks, that would be cool. I will PM you.

7. if not, I have one for sale soon. its in good nick, but front part is too long for me IMG_3175.JPG

8. Thanks dude but this thread is 2 1/2 years old ! Long since sorted out and happy with what i had made for me.

9. oops, didn't look at the dates
    cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information