1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Superleggera Rr - Project 1201 Koen

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by mygreenalien, Dec 16, 2013.

1. What's under the covers? Anything interesting ? Porsche and a 348?

2. Looks like doesn't it - nothing too interesting :rolleyes:

3. So what is your impression of the bike now that you have finally got it. You got any nice pictures to show us.

4. Yes hurry up with the pics, I have an unopened box of Kleenex at the ready

• Like Like x 1
  5. You'll need more than 1 box of Kleenex Mr C. :upyeah: :)

6. :Wideyed:pffft im not jealous at all

7. I am extremely happy; it's more than I had hoped for - but the true test begins tomorrow. Starting it up for the first time made my friend stand back and say holy fuck! This coming from someone with a Desmo. The engine sound just got a mean sound - the compression giving away it's intent. I had to ride it up and down the road - albeit in jeans and a t shirt and in pitch black. It was just to see how it would behave at very low speeds. It was fine albeit she just wants to party. Bigger tank feels good. Lots playing tomorrow and updates will follow.

• Like Like x 7
  8. So yesterday was the first ride and i'm pleased to say all went well, albeit the forearms are blinking sore today. Did three 20 minute sessions at the autodrome; weather was very hot with track temps +50 deg c.

Intention of the day was to simply ride around checking everything was ok and getting used to her. She ran perfect. Main concern for me was the engine temps but during the runs she ran around 82, so perfect.

Impressions of the bike. MR had set base setting for suspension and off the shelf these were excellent. Ran the BSB pirelli slick SC1 compound and they were brilliant - I could not believe the level of grip the front gave - the lean angles I could make were good but more to the point gave great confidence in the front end. Bike turned very well and rather quickly - often turning in before I needed too. Engine has so much grunt; lowest gear I used was 3rd - but that was mainly due to save my forearms. I didn't really pin the throttle, nor was I aggressive in how quickly I opened it - no prizes for being a twat first time out!

The bigger tank really is a plus - really allows you to grip and also when braking helps not slide forward like the standard tank. Brakes are just a joke - great stopping power but loads of feel. Front forks just sublime - taking all the brake force well and gliding over the track. Most noticeable on the track was how quickly I could gain time on the brakes. Obviously the weight helps a lot. Quick shifter worked well and no hiccups at all.

I didn't think TC or AWC interfered at all but looking at the DDA data they did but obviously in a brilliant manner - that has been a huge pleasant surprise and shows the brilliance of Wilf.

So left with great positive impression and feeling that as each time I go out, will just become better and better. Need to work on best body position for this bike as I feel I can hang off more ala modern sports riders and trust the traction control more - this will come I am sure.

SLRS55.JPG

SLRS56.JPG

SLRS57.JPG

SLRS59.JPG

SLRS58.JPG

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. That is a nice looking bike!

10. Need some close up bling shots fella ;)

Glad to see it being used properly tho

11. Here you go Bradders:

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0126.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  12. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Video footage of first track outing; just remember i'm getting used to her & taking it easy on the engine and brakes. First time using HD Ghost and wind noise awful - sorry!

14. sorright spose...:p

• Like Like x 2
  15. @andyb seems it didnt blow up, its alive and working very well ;)

I saw the bike at 10 paces from the counter just before you crated it (no bodywork) and that front end really does look like it should be in a cabinet somehwere

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. did it not blow up because its the same HP as std, or the massive secret improvements weren't quite matching the hype???????

or..............remembering now when it went to dyno, there was a massive silence after....of course it could of gone pop been fixed and dyno'ed again...

i guess we will never know............or care for that matter!!

its the OP's, he can do what he wants with it.

#536 andyb, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  17. And to me he looks like he's doing what we'd all like to do with it: riding it :upyeah:

18. nice work if you can get it....

19. A lovely Testarossa in the back ground too. I think someone likes to remember Miami VIce. :upyeah: :)

20. But what is hiding under the sheet looking a little bit Le Mans ish :Happy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information