1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Speed Sensor Fault Light

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by jimmy 43, Oct 19, 2014.

1. just had this flash up and stay on the dash, with the yellow engine fault light , anyone else had this happen ? thanks,

• Like Like x 1
  2. just noticed on photo I taken also dtc setting blank,ebc off, abs blank will try post photo,

• Like Like x 1
  3. image.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Had the same just after Sissy's threw fault code , mine was a gear select sensor replaced and fault reset ok since July 10,ooo miles approx on bike now , bike sweet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. cheers all gonna give dealer call tomoro, did just wash bike tho and wondering wether water got into something, but its been washed before and no probs,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Any joy on fault yet Jimmy?

• Like Like x 1
  7. popped into m n s mate they said drop bike off recon a could have got water into a plug under seat , which needs to be greased to stop water getting in , the dash has went back to normal, never been out this week prob get out fri/sat,

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok , might try n catch you's this weekend if weather ok , tax run's out shortly on Pani , use GS over winter ( warm hands)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. prob still fast as fk r u on that lol, may get out thurs pm wi sissy if u fancy , if not catch up weekend did about 200 miles last sat was good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I mate Sat best for me or Church Day

• Like Like x 1
  11. I mate txt me or sissy sat b best a think for us ,

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ok , will do

• Like Like x 1
  13. Check the air gap on the sensor. Should be 1.3-1.9mm. You can adjust it by adding or removing a shim or two. Might be worth it before you replace a perfectly serviceable sensor.

14. Sorry they are talking balloni. There is no plug under the seat associated with the sensor directly only the plug to the BBS unit and I would DEFINITELY not grease it! The connection to the rear wheel sensor terminates inside your right hand electrical housing box under the upper right hand fairing. The front wheel sensor connection is trickier as it sits behind the top radiator and is a pig to get to.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cheers for that topolino tbh had no more probs since it must have dried out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information