1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Adjustable Gear Lever Options?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, Oct 20, 2014.

1. I've just fitted some replacement page that I bought (Gilles RCT12GT)
    [​IMG]

Whilst they are very lovely and comfortable the additional width from the adjustment has made the gear lever feel a bit of a sideways stretch. I'm having to turn my foot inwards a bit to change gear cleanly.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a slightly longer (i.e. sticks out further) gear lever?

These are nice, but not sure how much further the lever will come out (might be the best option as it says you can add a spacer?)
    CNC Racing Ducati Multistrada 1200 Brake & Gear LeversConquest Carbon

[​IMG]
    These are lovely, but a LOT of money
    Ducati Multistrada 1200 Adjustable Brake and Shift LeversConquest Carbon

[​IMG]
    Palmer products also do a replacement, but not sure if it is any longer than standard (it's also not that attractive).
    [​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

2. I have RCT10GT... Very good quality and fitment

3. Thanks but I already have the footrests!

4. 130 views and no more suggestions? Has nobody replaced their gear lever?

5. I replaced the uniballs on the adjustment of the original gear lever, since the stock ones do not permit to extend enough. Replaced, adjusted, no problems. Foot is n° 43 Italian, don't know UK correspondent unit, sorry.

6. As far as i am aware you have already posted up the only options.

7. I was going to say sod the expense - get the black CC one's, they're fab - but checked the price and Fuk Me they're expensive!!! :Wideyed: Gilles Tooling Rearsets are cheaper! Do Gilles do any - maybe they will if you ask and then start selling them?

#7 Exige, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
  8. I had planned the black set you've pictured.

Gilles only offer the footpegs - previous enquiries for controls have been politely declined.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hi T4Me, the palmer products gear shifter actually has a massive toe peg part which I didn't like and also does look ugly but because I think it sticks out too much, silver against black so I got mine powder coated and put my own toe peg on, which is larger than standard (1 3/4 inch) but smaller than PP original. I bought this as a spare in case I ever bent my original as ppl had reported, i've had the bike now 3yrs and done 13k miles and never bent the lever so think its safe to say I wont lol. If your interested I would like £45 in P+P

2014-10-22 12.39.02.jpg

10. Thanks Knightrider, do you have the original Palmer toe peg as well? I'm just looking at another option on ebay but if that falls through I could be interested in trying yours.

11. Sorry T4me but some stole your thunder so to speak, hope you get sorted

12. Those who snooze....

13. The early bird gets the worm ;)

14. I have to say that this is pretty low behaviour for a fellow forum member... not very impressed with whoever jumped in when this was offered, you could have at least waited a day for me to figure this out.

I hope you snap something vital when you fit it!

#14 Twin4me, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  15. I think your wording fully justified his actions - we must however wait for the rest of the jury to arrive - just my opinion :smile:

16. This was the message sent actually.

Hi

I saw your link online and would be happy to buy the lever off you if the other guy did not want it.

Cheers

Richard

I guess it's up to the seller how long he wanted to wait for your answer but all I can say is that he has been top class to deal with and a deal was done.
    Sorry if you feel aggrieved, that was not the intention.

17. Tbf you said you would look if the other option fell thru

I'd be interetsed in changing to reverse shift if anyone has a solution for that

18. I've been working in Spain and replied as soon as I saw the post. Can't be bothered to get into a fight but not the way I behave when I'm selling things.

19. That's good as you lost the case, so far anyway ;)

20. Would have been more correct to wait... a couple of days for a 45£ pound item is not so much to ask I guess...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information