1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rarely Beaten..

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Noods, Oct 22, 2014.

1. image.jpg image.jpg I badly needed a bench pillar drill for my small workshop, no room for a floor stander.. Got gazzumped many times at the death when bidding on fleabay..so bit the bullet and purchased a new one with the view if it lasts a couple of years while I locate a more robust one, great.. Just one thing.. Paid for it etc but when delivered it dawned on me that my beloved milling vice was far to big for my new drill.. It also came missing parts.. Good excuse to return it.. 2 weeks later and the seller still hadn't replied.. The seller was no more.. Deceased.. Gone to the fjords.. Gutted, but was not about to be beaten.. I've been learning to tig weld over the last few months.. So set about converting the head and building a sliding wall attached rack for it.. This allows my milling vice the freedom to go anywhere on my bench, mounted or Unmounted.. Everything was made from scrap apart from a few new bolts.. And level, anyone who knows me will tell you .. If Noods does it! It will be level in every way possible.. Very ridged too.. No spring or rack play.. image.jpg
    Thanks to Owen for all his input and advice too.. Now what's next..

N@@DS

• Like Like x 1
  2. What's next - drill some bloody holes!!! :D

3. Hole y moley

4. nice new toy :upyeah:

5. Lol..." Oh is that what it's for! I thought it was for mixing tricolour paint....,,,,, x "

• Like Like x 2
  6. So glad to be of assistance :D

7. I take it the drill head is square to the table in both planes?

8. Looks pretty solid. I'd be inclined to put a diagonal cross beam from directly under the pillar to the bracket on the wall to negate any deflection.

9. inclined :Happy:

10. What? :Bucktooth:

11. No pun intended - obviously :Wideyed:

12. lol no. Now I gotcha...its early and I'm only 50% through my coffee....zzzz

Do Not Sell My Personal Information