1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 70mm System For 848 ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Fastmonkey, Oct 20, 2014.

1. I have some taste you know. :p

2. Here's mine... Standard pipework but flap cut out along with the heatshield lugs... Not an issue living without that standard dinner plate... & as Boots mines had the Ceramic coating.

_MG_7606.JPG

3. ^ Neat job!
    Did you cut out and replace the piece of pipe with the flapper?

4. Cheers mate... yep, cut out & a slightly oversize piece welded in

5. That would be my choice, rather than spending on a full system.
    I've done similar on my track bike, just not as tidy. Bashed out the flapper and welder the holes up.

6. Works for me :)

848 Corse.jpg

Zorst%20Web.jpg

7. Here's my graph.. Not as pretty but the basics are there... Can't find the torque file anywhere as it was separate but anyway, 126Bhp over the standard 848 claimed 116Bhp.. Happy enough.. That torque graph was a killer though, massive improvement.. I need to dig around :mad:... That below is my 08 848, catless standard cans, BMC air filter with the custom map by BSD Peterborough.
    848.jpg

8. Be interesting to see other graphs & if that dip just below 5k is a common theme... It IS so far looking at the file shown by @Dementor & this above.

9. The 5k dip was really noticable with the standard map, but not at all noticable with the new map :upyeah:

10. True nuff in the real world & I'd agree that if it wasnt on paper I'd say it had been ironed out.... But there it is.. Even your 'after' line has that wee dent..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. real world & I'd agree that if it wasnt on paper I'd say it had been ironed out.... But there it is.. Even your 'after' line has that wee dent..[/QUOTE]

Oh no I resisted the Real World comment for fear of drawing Andyb into the thread :Arghh: ;)

12. No large system needed ;)

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oh no I resisted the Real World comment for fear of drawing Andyb into the thread :Arghh: ;)[/QUOTE]
    He's too busy trying to find a knock off phone ;)

14. @bradders agreed & as mentioned earlier in the thread that sort of diameter is lost on the 848 unless serious head work is involved

All these EVO graphs are making me feel inadequate... Still, like the wife says.. Its what you do with it that counts love... (tell me when its in.....)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I noticed a change in the torque of my 1198 when I wend oem to 70mm. Not sure if i like it. I'll be at CJS on Monday and once the bike is set up properly that may change.

16. Same as Roy my full Termi system gave my 848 a whole new lease of life, power is improved noticeably over the Termi cans I had before now improved power across the whole rev range and looks the balls too. Well worth while IMO.

[​IMG]

#36 arthurbikemad, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  17. To all intents & general consensus says with the free flowing system you should have noticed a drop in power low down but more up top? That the case?.. The extra fuel they'll dial in at CJS should compensate for that.... My reason for getting her mapped was purely about the AFR & the risk I was doing damage... It was VERY lean in the day to day part of the rev range 3 - 7k... Then went perfect past that... I'f I'd have left it it would have certainly burnt a valve out in the future... Another positive being the bike ran 8 degrees cooler after the map

• Like Like x 1
  18. That coincides with what i felt. Bit less torque where I like to blob around on. Must book a hotel...

19. Be nice to carry on down the M5 a short while after / get off at Bridgwater & test her out on the A39... Stunning road that.. Scary gradients around Porlock but then opens up nice up on the moors...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information