1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seastar Near Norwich Or St Neots Ducati

Discussion in 'Dealer & Workshop reviews' started by AlfG, Aug 10, 2014.

1. I need to get a full service, valve check, belts, brake fluid, clutch fluid, coolant the lot on a 996.

ASAP would be nice and these two are my nearest.

Are they any good?

It would be nice to keep up the fdsh.

2. I`ve used St Neots 3 times and had faultless and friendly service each time. Cant comment on Seastar as never used them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. +1 for St Neots - helped me out when racing at Snett. Can't comment on Seastar.

4. I've used Seastar many times, since 98, their a good bunch and will look after you, never had any issues.

5. I rang this morning and left a message with somebody as the service man was busy. They couldn't even be bothered to call me back today. Obviously got enough customers.

6. Carl Harrison in harleston. I've used him for a few services and he is very passionate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I've used Carl too and actually tried calling today to book a service in but there was no answer ;)

8. jeff green gtec...........near corby northants......worth the travel!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Think Monday might be his day off?

10. Must be as straight through this morning and as helpful as ever.

11. I bought my bike from seastars, they did the belts and service before I picked it up. It took a while (4weeks to prep) but no complaints. However I've called maybe 4 or 5 times to order things and every time they've been to busy and promised to call back they haven't! I don't know about you but that really annoys me!

I too have heard nothing but good things about Carl Harrison's in harleston, I'll be using him for any work needed.

12. A big thanks to those who recommended Carl Harrison.

I took the 996 to Carl today and what a guy! Very knowledgeable and passionate about Ducatis and racing.

I had a good chat, learned a few things, found a supplier of nice parts, I didn't feel like he wanted to get rid of me and I do feel he will save me a fortune whilst doing a good job too.

Although I bought the bike from Newcastle, it turns out Carl knows the bike (and previous owners) and has his stamp in the service history book. What a coincidence!

13. Ditto for Seastar so I wont bother calling them again, especially not now!

14. For what its worth I've had numerous bikes, services and bought bike tinsel from St Neots and always recommend them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I bought my first Ducati 748 from them a long time ago.

No problem with them except the huge lead time for a service. I didnt want to ride (or start) the 996 with 7 year old belts, and with the summer disappearing fast I wanted to be able to ride it sooner rather than later.

16. Yeah, they're a pretty small setup and it can sometimes be difficult to get workshop time if they're busy.

17. Carl has been great on the work and servicing of my 749. Puts up with my know nothing questions - top outfit they are IMO.

18. I'm so glad you went to Carl's.
    I've been using him for 5 years now. He sorted out my first ST4 and I bought a 916 from him and he helped me find and get my second ST4 (last one died with a cracked frame). He found the crack in the frame. I know of people who travel from all round the country to take their bikes to him.
    Where else could you be and two customers turn up riding Panigale Tricolore and they didn't know each other.
    I bought my first ST4 with 45,000 miles and then Carl looked after her until frame cracked at 91,000 miles. Yes 91,000 miles...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Definitely recommend St Neots. Good lads there. My girlfriend used to take her previous 1098 there and always received excellent service. I understand one weekend just prior to a road trip, her bike was knocked over by a van and £3k damage and despite the fact that they were on holiday, they came out to her and collected the bike. They pulled the stops out to get her bike back in time. Now that's service over and beyond. She, for one, will never forget that as a bench mark for excellent dealership service.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information