1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Www.bikepackers.co.uk

Discussion in 'Touring' started by El Toro, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Home - bikepackers

Anyone used these guys before? And if so what were you thoughts about the service?

2. Cheaper to take the train down.

3. "immerse yourselves with the locals in that unique friendly way that only the freedom of motorcycling brings."

by parking a ooooge great bus on outskirts of town and wheeling bikes out of it and then screaming backards n forwards through their villages all day then packing back bikes into bus and then buggering off into the night back to their own country.

an upscaled version of the weekend mountain bikers invasion already known to be popular..

:Hilarious::Hilarious::Hilarious:

4. Way, way, way too expensive for me. I always assumed touring by motorcycle meant actually getting on the ruddy thing...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's not true that you have to take motorway all the way to Geneva. TBH after an hour or two out of Calais good classic French roads are to be found. D roads with very little attention from the gendarmes mean good progress can b made. And it's bloody enjoyable too. FWIW the Alpine region has far too much traffic, spoils it for me,I rather crack on and have a smile than another effing caravan stuck behind the bloody Tour de France in front of it,and lorries,all sorts,you can keep the Alps in the chamonix Geneva region. So much better riding to be had in France.

6. When you looking at going over mate?

7. Dunno Bal. A friend sent me the link and asked if I fancied it. We could always do le man next year as an alternative ;)

8. It'll rain. It always bloody rains there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I've been thinking about doing a Europe trip myself next year but was looking at a track event rather than touring. Don't mind either really. Let me know if you do make any plans and I'll try and get a pass...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information