1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 To 999 Throttle Bodies Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by speedy sie, Oct 25, 2014.

1. I'm fitting 999 bodies shower head set up to my 996 ,I know the TPS is not the same set up ,can I get it to work with the 996 loom and ecu it's the smaller ecu box ,withsignal injected chip fitted any help would be great

2. The TPS will be an issue. The 999 uses a linear TPS and the 996 uses a non-linear. I think the voltage ranges of the TPS's differ.

#2 chrisw, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  3. Just seen a way to get round ,just removed the 999 TPS ,I'll cut back housing and make bracket to fit 996 TPS

• Like Like x 1
  4. Its a small world Simon, nice to meet you today, cheers Paul

5. Oh maga ,was a pleasure to meet you ,big thank for helping me out matey

6. Part of a race bike build

7. do you expect to see an increase in power / performance?

Would something from the 748R not be better suited?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Was told by some one who races a 996 it would be a good mod and let engine breath better

9. 996 tb set up correctly (all injectors firing together) is good for 140 bhp and high 70s ft/lb torque.

10. stick a 999 motor in it..........reliable hp ;)

11. Want to keep it 996 so far ,may done engine graft later on

12. I'd go and ask the racer how to do it and what the real benefit is.
    I've spent a bit (read A WHOLE FUCKING LOT!) of time and money buggering about with 996s and can't see that all the hassle will get you better gains than setting a standard bike up and mapping it properly.
    I had between 138-144hp (different dynos) with bog standard heads and throttle bodies. There's a few better routes to take if you wanted to improve breathing and all would just bolt off/on.

13. I'm an engineer by trade so mod is easy to me ,iv taken advice of a racer ,this mod 999 to 998 is a common mod ,I took his advice that it will work with the 996 and to be honest i enjoy modding bike parts so no hassle

14. all depends on who the racer is??? There are a few on here who know people who race very well.

15. I'm not one to spill beans of who give the info ,not being Arsey it's just info ,and I think it will work with the set up I have

16. It will be interesting to see the results. On my 853r I eventually ended up using 996 throttle bodoes (4 injector type) configured to fire the injectors simultaneously. The shower head set up couldnet match for midrange torque and only gave 1-2bhp more. Part throttle response was also better with the 996tb's. I never tried 999tb's, though I did have a set sat on the shelf for a try at some point.

17. If you check out my bike you'll notice i like the odd modification too, and I've lost months trying to do things i wanted only to make things no better or worse and have to go down the recognised correct route.
    IMO I doubt it'll run as well as standard but i think you're the first on here posting about it so keep us informed. Some before and after dyno graphs would be nice too.

18. Have dyno with shit fueling 121 rw bhp ,I'll have it maped with these on and see the out come ,the logic is my loom is 996s loom so only one crank pic up ,so going singel shower set up was the plan ,998 set was an idea but iv got with 999 due to bigger throttel bodies
    It is a more involved mod ,TPS ,blending bodies to 996 inlets ,linkage and stabalsing plate ,bit of an air box mod ,but I do have Rs 4 part are box ,I'll fit the front section to allow the mod

I'll post pics on my fade book page
    Simon George as I do it

#19 speedy sie, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  19. I'm running 998 throttle bodies and 1098 injectors on my 748R.......:Cigar:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information