1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yonny Storms It To Finish As Top Ducati Rider

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Career best result in MotoGP

Mixed emotions were felt by the Pramac Racing team in Sepang this weekend. With ‘Crazy Joe’ out of the race following a collision with Mark Marquez on Saturday, it was left to Yonny Hernandez to fly the flag where he finished a career best of seventh and was the top Ducati rider.
    Yonny Hernandez (EnergyT.I. Pramac Racing) started from thirteenth place, at the first corner he gained four positions. He was ninth until Crutchlow’s withdrawal and Pedrosa’s crash gaining seventh position. From that point of the race Yonny battled with P. Espargaro, in which the Spaniard has the best. The Colombian rider has a good pace and loses only a few seconds. With three laps to go he takes advantage of Dovizioso that slowed down and crosses the finish line with his best result of his career in MotoGP celebrating the best way possible his fiftieth race in the World Championship. Yonny is thrilled that all the hard work is showing it’s results and is looking forward to Valencia to try to repeat the excellent performance.
    A special good luck for a fast recovery to the other rider of the Pramac Racing Team Andrea Iannone, who at this time is in Italy doing other exams to his left injured elbow caused on Friday in FP2 in a collision with Marquez.
    After three weeks of intense and challenging work the Pramac Racing Team together with the paddock of the MotoGP returns to Europe for a well-deserved weekend of rest before the final Grand Prix of the year that as tradition will be held in Valencia.
    Yonny Hernandez (EnergyT.I. Pramac Racing)
    “I made a very good start, definitely the best in my career!!! I felt good and I kept a good pace throughout the race although in the last five laps it was really hard due to the rear tire that was sliding a lot. Seventh position is my best result in MotoGP, I am very happy but I still have to improve because we have everything we need do these results!”

Read the whole post here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information