1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be Wiser Insurance Avoid!!

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Bazz, Aug 8, 2014.

1. I replied to a post in the Panigale thread about insurance and i was recommending Be Wiser Insurance.

Well now i am not recommending Be Wiser insurance i have been royally Fu**ed over and they have really left me in some trouble.

When i was looking for insurance for my Panigale the quotes i was getting were in the region on £2000 plus! Also i had not owned my own bike policy for over 2 years so the 2 years NCB i had built up could not be used by most insurers so they had to base their quotes on 0 no claims.

Before i gave up the search on the Panigale and went looking at lesser value bikes,i was put through to Be Wiser as i was told they would be able to use insurers who can use no claims over 2 years old. All went well spoke to the chap on the phone explained my situation about my NCB being over 2 years old and he said he may be able to use them and asked me to send him the proof through. Sent it all through to him and he came back to me a couple of days later with a quote from Zenith insurance saying he had been able to use my NCB. All fine and dandy at this point.

Based on this info i set out looking for the right pani. Finally picked her up got the insurance sorted, done! or so i thought! Then i get an email saying they need a copy of my NCB, so i asked what happened to the copy i previously sent and apparently this couldn't be located. So I send through another copy and i then get asked to explain the gap in my insurance cover, which i did. I then received confirmation that my comments had been noted and my policy was in order.

Had a phone call Tuesday from the audit team saying that they had looked into my policy and realized Zenith don't actually accept NCB over 2 years old! I asked why wasn't this information picked up or even told to me before selling me the policy, and unfortunately for me they could not answer. All they could tell me is that my insurance is more than likely going to be cancelled.

After being promised numerous call backs from sales advisers and about 4 different managers i didn't hear a thing! I called at least 12 times chasing up managers since Wednesday and no one could be bothered to tell me what was happening as only managers have the authority to do that. I finally get a call yesterday from a manager who says they cant find anyone who will insure me now even with 0 no claims, i am going to be charged for the amount of time i was covered, which is quite mind boggling as they can cover me for 30 days but then decide i am too much of a risk so cant cover me for the year, in my eyes i dont believe i have been covered at all. To top it all off i cant get a refund until a weeks time, so ive got an uninsured bike at the minute, and for the cherry on top i am going to have to try and find another £900 on top of the £1189 i am getting back to get the pani insured, and £900 is the best case scenario.

The most annoying thing with this is that i wouldn't have purchased the pani if the insurance was over £1300 that was my cut off point and as far as my budget would stretch.

I've wrote a letter of complaint, sent to the directors and customer service but i am not expecting much to be honest as their customer service team are as useful as a chocolate teapot . I've been in touch withe financial ombudsman service but have to wait until my complaint has been addressed before they can get involved.

I am waiting to hear back of ducati insurance, but at this moment in time i am livid and bit bloody stuck!

Guys can you please help me shed the spotlight on these fuc*ers and bring them to justice. If you are on twitter slag them off, retweet my posts, same with facebook. Is there anything the ducati forum mods can do to help me?

2. Dude... I feel your pain, and sympathise fully...
    BUT - whatever you do DO NOT use Bennetts when you do insure your bike, they are just as bad !

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mce another avoid

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ouch, that's rough :(

Might be worth having a look at a company called Net Pig...used them a few years to insure a Honda which I wrote off. They seemed pretty helpful for digging around trying to get the price down and the claim was sorted very quickly....which I was a touch worried about after I'd binned the bike. That was back in 2011 I used them so not sure if they are still as helpful or if anyone here has had a bad experience with them.

Tbh though I'd see what Ducati Insurance can do for you, been with them 2 years now and have to say their customer service is exceptional. Quotes I've had off them have been ball park and I'm ok with paying a little extra to save the usual arsing about that comes with a lot of insurers these days. That and experiences like yours :( Hope it works out.

5. All insurance companies are con artists, it's about time the government took control of what is a compulsory requirement.

For the record, I thought that all insurance providers were supposed to honour your NCB for three years.May be worth checking up on.

6. Yet another story of shocking service provided by insurance companies. I'd be tempted to get in touch with the insurance ombusman, it looks like you've kept all your info regarding conversations etc. See what they say.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the comments guys much appreciated :)

quick update for you. Finally got some insurance for the pani, £1600 through ducati insurance which is good considering other insurance companies wouldn't touch me or were in excess of £2000. More than I would ever want to pay but that life. Have to say as well ducati insurance have been excellent! My partial refund from Be Wiser will take 3-5 working days so I asked Ducati insurance if I could pay half now and the other half when the refund comes through. They went away and the managers came back and said that's fine and I would get an interest charge which is great too, I am so relieved at now!

I have already been in touch with the financial ombudsman service and have logged the complaint but they cant get involved until I have gone through the complaints process and am not happy with the final decision. So a complaint as been logged, I want a full refund and the difference towards my I new insurance. Probably wont get the latter but its worth a try.

I'm not giving up on this one im gonna be like a dog with a bigg as friggin bone, I'm not letting this go without a fight!

Does anyone know any radio stations I can get in touch with to get my complaint aired? I know Ed Doolan used to do this but is retired now, anyone similar out there?

8. Be very careful about voicing your concerns openly until the complaint process has been seen through. Companies don't like to be slagged off in public until they've had a chance to respond. It could go against you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Even moaning here could cause you problems...

10. You must wait for the company to respond before giving your opinion

11. tHEY WERE GREAT FOR ME ON MY 1ST YR. caps oops. But the 2nd year was outrageous. Went from £300 FC to £1200 FC. So I went to Carol Nash. Reasonable. Remember its not always the brokers fault. Sometimes the insurer is an Ass.

12. When I had my accident and couldn't ride/drive my insurance broker told me that my no claims would be valid for 2 years before I lost them
    So after the first year I bought a cheap car just to keep them going

13. I wont go in to the details but I got shit on by a Broker a couple of weeks ago so I feel your pain

14. If you have to take this to the Ombudsman, don't expect a quick decision. I am at least 6 months into a dispute with a bank. I decided to take it to the Ombudsman after a pathetic final offer from the. Bank. It's a simple matter - incorrect deduction of tax - and the bank could easily have resolved it. The Ombudsman responded fairly promptly and they sound more competent than the bank, but they must have had the complaint for 2 months now and have gone quiet.

15. Final update on this. I used twitter and got in touch with companies on twitter who voice peoples complaints about customer service etc. As soon as they started helping me BeWiser got in touch and asked me to send through my letter of complaint to a different department and asked if i could stop on twitter, which i did. About 2 weeks later they agreed that they would give me a check and refund me money to make it a full refund, so did not have to take it to the Ombusman in the end. Only received the check last week after sending numerous emails asking for an update as to when i would receive it.

To be honest i think it is good to voice your concerns and be persistent when companies try and do you over when they are clearly in the wrong. Customer service is everything and should remain consistent before purchasing,during purchasing and then after purchasing, the latter was not so good in my case.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Turn the tables. Imagine if someone had been bad-mouthing you on social media without your prior knowledge, how would you feel then?

And it's 'cheque'...

17. So what would you have done Figaro?? I was getting nowhere with them and the service i received was poor. I wasn't just going roll over and be happy with a partial refund, i was entitled to the full amount and if going on social media wouldn't have worked i would have proceeded onto the next stage with the financial ombudsman.

The company I work at we have a decent procedure in place for customer feedback/complaints, which we can all follow easy enough. We don't receive many complaints but when we do we have always investigated and dealt with them promptly and come to an agreement. We have never let one escalate to the point where the client would feel they are not getting anywhere and would have to resort to social media.

#17 Bazz, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Miss out the social media. Simple. Air your complaint to the company in question, and if they don't capitulate go to the ombudsmen. Social media comes last, unless you really want to fight over it.

19. I found by going on social media it made them actually respond to me. if i was to go down the ombudsmen route i would still be waiting for that 'cheque' now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. I can understand your frustration, but I still believe a little etiquette goes a long way.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information