1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down Shift Throttle Blip?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Sigma performance

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tit for Tat !!
    Be nice now or you'll be needing a rebuild :Bawling:

3. Ur GboX that iZ

4. Ok, so basically if you have a good slipper clutch (which I do) no blip required.... Sorted!
    My slipper clutch is the DP one and is much the same as the Sigma one kindly illustrated above by Mr. aldaviz. I see that one has the 6 ball ramp and I think mine has 4. Its yonks since I've had it apart because its behaved so well. Unlike my engine.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nah Its already happened, just got the bike back after having a new gearbox fitted.
    Can't see the point of buying a sports bike then being afraid to use it in a sporting manner :p.
    kev.

• Like Like x 2
  6. The 1 I've got is as pictured, it's got the 48t basket and not the 12, basket doesn't wear as much apparently !!
    AL.D

7. Cant beat a sigma. Awesome kit

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. What gearbox did you go for? Just had mine rebuilt. 3rd, 4th and 5th were shagged. Had ceramic rumble finish. Feels great now. I think the key is to be positive with down shifts.

9. Used Std Duc parts due to cost, Nova if there's a next time :)
    I've been trying to ride smoother, and change down a little later, instead of just banging down the box

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mine has just had a brand new standard Ducati gearbox fitted as well, I've only done 100miles on it (new big end shells & main bearings to run in) today but it seems perfect up and down.
    The most likely time for damage is on an up shift with a quick shifter fitted when the torque of the engine is trying to resist full engagement.
    I've replaced the DQS with a solid rod and gone old school, its the way forward unless you happen to own the factory that makes the gearbox parts. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stout fellow... That lot would entail a comprehensive teardown. Did you go for any internal mods or did you keep it real?
    I was tempted to go daft with high compression this and that and up the bhp but was strongly advised against it. I took the advice and I'm glad I did. It still feels crackers and is way plenty for me!

12. No other modifications, just the gearbox & crank bearings that cost enough as it was :Arghh:
    Now the bikes back and I've been out on it and its all great again, hopefully the repair bill will turn into a long forgotten memory.
    But I'm still thinking ZX10 or new R1 maybe the way to go for me.

13. Chattimg to Wilf, he was saying Kuba diesnt use the coutch at all after initial start, blips throttle but clutchess down. One t try when I get out next on travk, have to say having tried on multi the other week it works ok if you are 'racing' into roundabouts ie hard on brakes and down several gears ala track.

14. Treat it like a whore. Ride it hard and pay for it later. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Believe me u will pay for IT !-(
    :Hurting: :Greedy: :Yuck:

16. Believe me, I already have
    Since been built by someone with the time to do it properly.
    Been bomb proof since.
    Cue conrod through the cases and pictures of my x-rays. lol

17. Ouch !!!!!!

18. Yep, wasn't even riding it and blew a gear box. Work that one out folks.

19. U let someone else have a go !!
    Or on dyno ??

20. blips are ace.. scares the shit out of the commuters!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information