1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidi Vortice

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by jimmy 43, Aug 11, 2014.

1. after a new pair of boots .always has a/stars supertechs has any one had the sidi as well, like the look but not sure about the hassle fitting them with the adjusters cheers

2. The only thing I know about them is that they squeak link a mouse in a dough hook and are a very narrow fit!

3. cheers for that best try on , was gonna get off fleabay

4. Definitely try them on. I can't wear them.... Simply too narrow for my hobbit feet!

5. Watch the screws on them too, found they scratch the bike in places they rub. Swing arm is one place and on my 848 they made a mess of the exhaust shield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lots of plastic around the ankle area make them very wide, a problem I found when trying to keep my foot on the peg, they also squeak like hell!! Take ages to get on and off. The toe ventilation is very good especially in summer. Mine have done around 30.000 miles and are still superb.

7. I was always a Sidi man, until i tried Supertechs, never looked back since.

I found them far more rigid, no where near as comfy, not enough feel in the foot, the occasional squeak but fixed with wd40.... maybe they've changed them as its been a few years since i last tried a pair on, but as it stand my next pair of boots will be supertechs

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Have both atm. Think the Sidi boots give more protection, the Supertechs are much more comfortable. Looking at getting a trackbike soon which I won't be too bothed about getting scratched. Will use Sidi on track then and Supertechs for the road.

9. I just bought some last month, then realised they released a new improved model this month with less clutter on the outside!

I needed something that had full replaceable protection and heel/toe, etc so these are perfect for that. They've already paid for themselves as I had the rear end go out so far at Silverstone that my whole foot and lower leg was on the tarmac and it would have wrecked my existing boots. The Sidi Vortice just have scratch marks across the plastic parts which I can replace when needed.

They are very much track orientated and I dont think I'll be using them for long touring trips. They are very solid when you buy them due to being made of something similar but not leather for better protection, and all the plastic outer parts. I made the mistake of walking in them when using the tube to collect my bike to try and wear them in a bit as they are not very comfortable. I got massive blisters on my inside heel which is something I've not had since Marines training fifteen years ago as I have tough old feet from all the yomping!

They are a bit of a faff to put on, the girlfriend gets bored waiting for me to mess with all the fittings if we are going for a ride. I just consider it part and parcel of having such a protective boot so it doesn't bother me too much.

So in summary I would say if you want a hardcore track boot that has everything replaceable then these are perfect. Once they are on your feet, and perhaps worn in a bit, then they are great. If you want something for comfort and ease then these are not the ones to go for. That said the new version look to have one complete flap with the three fasteners on , instead of three separate ones like mine so they will be much quicker to put on.

10. Can't speak for the Vortice model (apologies) but I bought a pair of Sidi ST in April, the ones with the new fangled clips and adjusters. They replaced my aged Vertigo boots which I thought were ace.

Anyway, if the adjusters and clips on the ST are anything like the Vortice then they do take a little time to get used to.

However, once you're adept at getting them on, they feel a lot more secure than other boots with the simple zip and bit of velcro for fastening.

Like all SIDI boots that I've had, I ordered 1 size bigger ie I'm a 9.5 so ordered 10.5, they're comfortable, not cramped and surprisingly, haven't squeaked yet... famous last words.

Quite a bit of plastic on the front and back but hey, where there's plastic it can always be replaced by blingy carbon fibre lol!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I cant get the side stand down whilst sat on the bike with mine I have to get off to put it down . Cant work out why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I went from the old vertigo which split the zip so I had to ride home like this...
    [​IMG]
    To the st which are a much better boot IMO, and as mentioned the clips take a bit of getting used to but once you have them worked out they are much better to use.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've had Sidis for years without issue, Trackdays, racing, road and of course a few crashes without too much damage or injury.

I had (have) some Supertech R's comfy but a faff to get on and off, didn't feel as safe and ultimately bust my left ankle in them, never wore them since even though there's little damage to them.

No ride in vortice just for the added security and experience over 16 years

14. Yes they can be a pain but i found dont undo all the side fastners on one side that makes it easier.they are very comfortable i rode in america 500 mile days

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. First ride with a new pair of Sidi Cobra boots - red size 12s. Found I got a couple of false neutrals, which I never normally get; realised the new boots are stiffer than the old ones, so I need to move my left foot more firmly. Cost £130, which seems reasonable to me.

Sidi Cobra boots.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. i,ve got the Sidi Vortice boots and they are a pain to put on lot of faffing around with inner boot then doing up outer fastings and i find they are very narrow fitting and hurt my feet after a while , only had them on 3 times ,( more than enough ) Ive tried on and bought a pair Sidi Mag 1 boots and what a difference great race boot all the protection you will ever need and easy to put on and take of ,also very comfy right from the moment i put them on so looking forward to better weather so can get out and get them properly broken in, looks like the Vortice boots will diappear to back of boot locker or maybe find there way onto e bay,

17. Had a pair of Sidi Vortice but couldn't get on with them at all , faf putting them on and damaging the heel guards on the bike. Bought some Supertech R's and now wont buy anything else !!! :upyeah:

18. Got the Vortice had them for ages the new models look even better.

At first I hated them what a faff to get them on and off. After a while grew to love them, don't think about getting them on or off - all on autopilot.

They feel Comfy (to me) and appear to offer great protection (I haven't had the pleasure of crash testing them). Love the toe vent too, very effective. Only niggle is I keep damaging one of the clips on one boot getting the side stand down. That said although the clip now looks a mess, functionally it's as good as the day I got them.

At one time I was thinking of going over to the dark side (Alpinestars) but now if I needed another boot Sidi's would be the first on my list.

God help us if we were all the same!!!

19. How are those st boots holding out? How comfy are they? Does the inside strap catch/rub on the bike at all?
    Anyone else had these boots?
    Cheers.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information