1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky Wilson Ducati 899 Trioptions Cup - Ducati Forum Crowd Sourced Sponsorship!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Rob, May 11, 2014.

1. Nicky, look forwards to next year! Hope things come together and I hope to get along to catch up for a cuppa. Let us know your sponsorship plans soon.
    M

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm looking for European trackdays in February or March to kick-off testing in 2015. Where would you guys recommend?

3. Well I've only been to Almeria before and going again with FE in February. It's quite a good mixture of a track - some fast, some technical. It's used quite a bit by many Brit racers for testing - it's really only a test track. Heard tell that Tito Rabat is a frequent visitor. FE have 3 day and a 4 day events scheduled for the end of Feb - I'm doing the 4 day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. @emsquared It's either going to be Almeria or Alcarras for me. Might join you at the FE one in Feb!

5. Just running through my PB lap times from this season, which I though some of you might be interested in...

Brands Indy: 50.2 (SB)
    Donington GP: 1:39.7 (PB)
    Knockhill: 53.4 (PB)
    Brands GP: 1:33.9 (PB)
    Oulton: 1:45.4 (PB)
    Cadwell: 1:35.1 (PB)
    Assen: 1:48.5 (PB)
    Silverstone: 2:19.1 (SB)

What times have you guys got down to?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brands Indy: 50.1
    Donington GP: 1:39.6
    Knockhill: 53.3
    Brands GP: 1:33.8
    Oulton: 1:45.3
    Cadwell: 1:35
    Assen: 1:48.4
    Silverstone: 2:19

;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Brands indy 55 sec...115kg rider on a 170 kg bike and 63 hp...10% more with twice the weight and half the power. I'll take that ;) lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Me and a couple freind doing Almeria 21-24 feb with focused, it's good to get upto pace before season starts (buy u a beer if that counts as sponsorship)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hottrax cartagena feb is good value and suits the smaller capacity bikes

I'm going bristol/murcia £90 plus 399 for the td (and mike dickenson race clinic for £120 booked)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Carta's a good circuit also!
    Not been for a couple year as dates not suited!
    Andrew Pitts doing training with focused

11. Not ideal for my k5 but should give me good base for the season.

12. Maybe the wrong persons getting sponsored here!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Then el tel woke up....

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Might try and do back to back weekends if there are dates and circuits which coincide. Once you're there, it makes sense!

DUCATI TRI-OPTIONS CUP 2015

17-19 April Brands Hatch Indy

22-24 May Donington (World Superbikes TBC)

3-5 July Knockhill

17-19 July Brands GP

21-23 August Cadwell

4-6 September Oulton Park

18-20 September TT Circuit Assen

2-4 October Silverstone

Thanks to @Borgo Panigale for being the first contributor to 2015!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I need some tips for keeping me sharp over the winter months. Lack of time on the bike is always an issue for me. What do you chaps think to pit bikes or moto-x?

16. Tried Moto X , bashed my head and saw c-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate.
    I think I may try X-box instead...:(

17. Ride my multistrada. Making progress on wet, cold, leaf strewn roads helps ;)

Although most racer mates seem to hit the enduro and off-road. But nothing round here for that :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. Invest in a super moto and get in touch with ur nearest outdoor go cart track about sponsorship, run round there track for free over the winter !!

• Like Like x 1
  19. How many of the members on here work for a company who has a marketing manager or an equivalent?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information